Forum
Xbian hang at starting xbmc... - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Xbian hang at starting xbmc... (/thread-569.html)

Xbian hang at starting xbmc... - blazinramirez - 4th Mar, 2013 05:36 AM

Dear xbian,

I was playing with my pi for days. All of a sudden when i shut it down and powered it on the other night, it hangs at starting xbmc...

Do you know any sollution for this issue and wil forcefsck in the cmdline help?

Thx

RE: Xbian hang at starting xbmc... - Koenkk - 4th Mar, 2013 07:45 AM

Can you try executing the following command

Code:
sudo /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone                     # default password = raspberry

RE: Xbian hang at starting xbmc... - blazinramirez - 5th Mar, 2013 02:28 PM

(4th Mar, 2013 07:45 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  Can you try executing the following command

Code:
sudo /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone                     # default password = raspberry

Thanks for your help it seems to be working now. I was scared when i did the command because i tought i lost everything but after a reboot i got everything back.

I think the problem is caused because when i'm using the shutdown function in the xbmc menu it freezes. Are you familiar with it?

Hmm strange. Again I got some problems with it. Now when i safely shut it down and wanted to restart it the system boots with a black screen. I'm not able to ssh again into my pi.

RE: Xbian hang at starting xbmc... - Sim1 - 5th Mar, 2013 08:34 PM

When you shut down do you wait for the operation to complete fully?
The screen goes black but the shutdown is still in progress until the all the leds but red power are off, that takes additional several seconds.

RE: Xbian hang at starting xbmc... - blazinramirez - 6th Mar, 2013 01:23 AM

(5th Mar, 2013 08:34 PM)Sim1 Wrote:  When you shut down do you wait for the operation to complete fully?
The screen goes black but the shutdown is still in progress until the all the leds but red power are off, that takes additional several seconds.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not the most stupid person but i'm waiting if i use the power off system until the green lights aren't flashing any more. I think if it takes more than one hour to shutdown something is really wrong. I mean when it boots I got a black screen and can't login anymore with ssh.

RE: Xbian hang at starting xbmc... - Koenkk - 11th Mar, 2013 04:00 AM

(5th Mar, 2013 02:28 PM)blazinramirez Wrote:  
Hmm strange. Again I got some problems with it. Now when i safely shut it down and wanted to restart it the system boots with a black screen. I'm not able to ssh again into my pi.

Your SD card is probably corrupted.

RE: Xbian hang at starting xbmc... - blazinramirez - 11th Mar, 2013 04:10 AM

(11th Mar, 2013 04:00 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  
(5th Mar, 2013 02:28 PM)blazinramirez Wrote:  

Your SD card is probably corrupted.

Thx for your response, how can i use fsck in this version? Tried the command of the thread but i don't know how to do it in the cmdline. It looks like he isn't doing a fsck. Is there also a safe overclock wich I can use so it won't corrupt again? I'm using the defaults now but was using turbo

RE: Xbian hang at starting xbmc... - kraleksandr - 11th Mar, 2013 04:53 AM

Something like this
Terminal
sudo fsck.ext4 -pf /dev/mmcblk0p2
But maybe u need another linux-pc (or vbox) bcoz fcsk cant run on mounted partition.

If u want safe OC, use "xbian" profile.