Forum
'Views' - count on threads counts clickwise - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (/forum-12.html)
+---- Forum: The website (/forum-13.html)
+---- Thread: 'Views' - count on threads counts clickwise (/thread-651.html)

'Views' - count on threads counts clickwise - frost - 21st Mar, 2013 04:14 AM

Hello,
this is nothing big at all, but I noticed that the counter for 'Views' per thread counts each click on that link. Is that wanted? Personally I would like it better if only that visitors count who have not yet visited the thread.
best regards

RE: 'Views' - count on threads counts clickwise - BartOtten - 21st Mar, 2013 04:30 AM

I like it that way. It's default forum behavior as far as I know on any forum....Can't help you on this one Smile

RE: 'Views' - count on threads counts clickwise - frost - 21st Mar, 2013 04:35 AM

Fair enough Wink But maybe you could provide an option to switch? Something like "count clickwise" or "count per visitor" as a checkbox in the users properties - I know its much to ask for such a little thing.

Re: 'Views' - count on threads counts clickwise - rikardo1979 - 21st Mar, 2013 04:38 AM

as far as I know it works as Bart mentioned.so it counts the visits in the threads not the visitors.
this is basic for all forums,MyBB,phpBB,etc..

RE: 'Views' - count on threads counts clickwise - BartOtten - 21st Mar, 2013 07:26 AM

@frost: sorry to disappoint you but at this moment there is not enough (wo)manpower to fulfill wished of single members. If you want to know the viewcount of a topic you can request so. I am sure the admins can check it in Analytics or something like that.