Forum
"Delay" analog audio in case dual audio output. - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: "Delay" analog audio in case dual audio output. (/thread-657.html)

"Delay" analog audio in case dual audio output. - Killerbee - 21st Mar, 2013 09:48 PM

Hello,

As you all probably know since 12.1 it is possible to have dual output for audio. So HDMI (TV) and analog => Amplifier

If you connect both there is some echo. I understand why because HDMI has some delay.

Any chance that we are able "to delay" the analog audio as well? By transcoding?

Just a question Smile

Re: "Delay" analog audio in case dual audio output. - rikardo1979 - 21st Mar, 2013 10:51 PM

my question is,are you going to have both outputs in same room? i mean same room two outputs on two sound reproducing devices with speakers simultaneously?
if no than there is no need Smile

RE: "Delay" analog audio in case dual audio output. - Killerbee - 22nd Mar, 2013 04:23 AM

Yes

Let me explain a bit.
I have a TV and a AMP close to eachother. My speakers are at the other side of my room. (behind me)
I want to watch a movie with the main sound from my tv. The speakers are only for the extra bass.
But with a lot of echo it's no fun.

So delay the analog or speed-up the digital (hdmi)

KB

RE: "Delay" analog audio in case dual audio output. - rikardo1979 - 22nd Mar, 2013 04:39 AM

(22nd Mar, 2013 04:23 AM)Killerbee Wrote:  Yes

Let me explain a bit.
I have a TV and a AMP close to eachother. My speakers are at the other side of my room. (behind me)
I want to watch a movie with the main sound from my tv. The speakers are only for the extra bass.
But with a lot of echo it's no fun.

So delay the analog or speed-up the digital (hdmi)

KB

no argue here and I trying to understand but to be honest this is the weirdest and most badly done audio setup I ever heard.
There are many other and much better ways to do what you trying to achieve.
But if you prefer this than wait if someone find some time to look into this Wink

RE: "Delay" analog audio in case dual audio output. - Killerbee - 22nd Mar, 2013 05:15 AM

Maybe it looks weird but it isn't that bad.
It's more or less a 5.1 set-up without the front speakers. ;-)
Unfortunately I do not have the room for another set of front speakers.

Re: RE: "Delay" analog audio in case dual audio output. - rikardo1979 - 22nd Mar, 2013 09:13 PM

(22nd Mar, 2013 05:15 AM)Killerbee Wrote:  Maybe it looks weird but it isn't that bad.

hmm 5.1, are you sure about this?
I would say that you have a sort of quadro, means stereo to all outputs.
So if you downmix from 5.1 CH to stereo than you have all 5.1 channels mixed into two.
So you have no surround at all,even not DPL or Neo 6 Wink
Cool

RE: "Delay" analog audio in case dual audio output. - Killerbee - 22nd Mar, 2013 10:46 PM

(22nd Mar, 2013 09:13 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(22nd Mar, 2013 05:15 AM)Killerbee Wrote:  Maybe it looks weird but it isn't that bad.

hmm 5.1, are you sure about this?
I would say that you have a sort of quadro, means stereo to all outputs.
So if you downmix from 5.1 CH to stereo than you have all 5.1 channels mixed into two.
So you have no surround at all,even not DPL or Neo 6 Wink
Cool

Yes stereo to all outputs. TV and Speakers (via AMP) so no surround. It's a poorman set-up. Tongue