Forum
[SOLVED] Video setting getting 'lost' ? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Video setting getting 'lost' ? (/thread-683.html)

Video setting getting 'lost' ? - Skywatch - 27th Mar, 2013 09:39 AM

Hi all,

When I have rebooted a few times I seem to find that the video settings have been reset and I can't change them.

I use 720p as my preferred output tp the projector, but after a few reboots it 'resets' itself to 1024x768 and the ratio is then all wrong.

I go into the system, settings, video resolution but it won't change no matter how much I click on it. It does ask if I want to keep the 'new' settings, but they are always 1024x768, I can't select anything else!

How can I get around this issue please?

Skywatch
PS See my profile on here for set up! :-)

RE: Video setting getting 'lost' ? - Skywatch - 1st Apr, 2013 06:55 PM

Hmmm, this keeps happening.

Can anyone tell me where on the SD card this setting is stored so I can reset it without having to reflash the card. Is this setting at all influenced by the HDMI device it is attached to?

Something is stopping XBMC from changing resolutions. When I click the button, it shows the feedback that it has been clicked, but the resolution stays at 1024x768!

Skywatch

Re: RE: Video setting getting 'lost' ? - f1vefour - 4th Apr, 2013 04:26 AM

(1st Apr, 2013 06:55 PM)Skywatch Wrote:  Hmmm, this keeps happening.

Can anyone tell me where on the SD card this setting is stored so I can reset it without having to reflash the card. Is this setting at all influenced by the HDMI device it is attached to?

Something is stopping XBMC from changing resolutions. When I click the button, it shows the feedback that it has been clicked, but the resolution stays at 1024x768!

Skywatch

You can override in ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

RE: Video setting getting 'lost' ? - Skywatch - 4th Apr, 2013 06:39 PM

Thanks for the response.

I am still looking into trying to find what causes this. Seems that there is still some stability issues and this one happens occasionally. I think it is somehow related to the problem with the display resolution suddenly becoming 'stretched' vertically so that the power options are no longer visible.

I can't seem to find out why clicking on the video resolution causes feedback to show the button has been pressed, but nothing happens.

I'll look into that file and see if that does the trick.

Skywatch.

Re: Video setting getting 'lost' ? - rikardo1979 - 4th Apr, 2013 07:05 PM

did you try to force hdmi resolution in /boot/config.txt ? it may do the trick as I'm suspicious that you have an issue CEC is wrong detected

RE: Video setting getting 'lost' ? - Skywatch - 5th Apr, 2013 09:35 PM

Thanks Rikardo.

I will have a look into this today. I have a HDMI to VGA + Audio in use and that may be giving an issue (but I can't avoid this).

I tried turning off 'CEC initialisation' and CEC control in the XBian config menu, but now it won't boot !

So I will re-flash the card and see if there is a way to avoid this problem.

Otherwise, Xbian is heading very rapidly in the right direction! :-)

Skywatch

RE: Video setting getting 'lost' ? - Skywatch - 6th Apr, 2013 08:19 PM

Thank you!

It worked Rikardo and has allowed me to mark 2 threads as solved.

When I first tried it I got some unexpected recults. Then I found about about CEA and DMT and tried some more.

With hdmi_group=1hdmi_mode=4 it now works after several reboots *and* it's allowed me to play FLV files that wouldn't play before and always needed a reboot after trying!

Seems that the HDMI to VGA+Audio box I use was causing an issue with the XBMC settings changing. Have tested for 2 hours now (including a few reboots) and all seems well.

So cheers for that! I am well happy right now :-)

Skywatch

Re: Video setting getting 'lost' ? - rikardo1979 - 6th Apr, 2013 08:35 PM

so glad that it worked for you and you can enjoy now Wink
also thanks for sharing the results with us as it may help the others Wink