Forum
Broken After 2.1 Update - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Broken After 2.1 Update (/thread-712.html)

Broken After 2.1 Update - hobogiggedy - 29th Mar, 2013 09:46 PM

Last night I got a pop-up within XBMC saying that there was a new update to 2.1 available. I went ahead and updated it figuring, probably wrongly, that if the message was coming up in XBMC it was safe to go ahead.

Since the update was applied the Pi froze, rebooted and is now stuck on the XBian splash screen. I can still ssh into the Pi and everything else seems to be running normally. Is there any way to roll back the XBMC installation or otherwise fix it without reinstalling the lot? I have a lot of custom scripts and such running on this Pi and it would take me quite a while to get it all set up again.

Any help would be great!

RE: Broken After 2.1 Update - Koenkk - 29th Mar, 2013 10:00 PM

Can you execute
Code:
sudo /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin

paste the output (if it outputs something here).

RE: Broken After 2.1 Update - hobogiggedy - 29th Mar, 2013 10:13 PM

It doesn't output anything in the terminal and the video output is still stuck on the splash screen.

Broken After 2.1 Update - Koenkk - 29th Mar, 2013 11:06 PM

What does the splash screen say, and whats the output of

Code:
sudo dpkg -l | grep libc

RE: Broken After 2.1 Update - hobogiggedy - 29th Mar, 2013 11:53 PM

That command produces the output below. The splash screen says 'Starting XBMC...' and the loading bar is moving smoothly and continuously.

Code:
ii  libc-bin                        2.13-37+rpi1               armhf        Embedded GNU C Library: Binaries
ii  libc-dev-bin                    2.13-37+rpi1               armhf        Embedded GNU C Library: Development binaries
ii  libc6:armhf                     2.13-37+rpi1               armhf        Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libc6-dev:armhf                 2.13-37+rpi1               armhf        Embedded GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files
ii  libcap2:armhf                   1:2.22-1.2                 armhf        support for getting/setting POSIX.1e capabilities
ii  libcdio-dev                     0.83-4+b1                  armhf        library to read and control CD-ROM (development files)
ii  libcdio13                       0.83-4+b1                  armhf        library to read and control CD-ROM
ii  libck-connector0:armhf          0.4.5-3.1                  armhf        ConsoleKit libraries
ii  libclass-isa-perl               0.36-3                     all          report the search path for a class's ISA tree
ii  libcomerr2:armhf                1.42.5-1                   armhf        common error description library
ii  libconsole                      1:0.2.3dbs-70              armhf        Shared libraries for Linux console and font manipulation
ii  libcryptsetup4                  2:1.4.3-4                  armhf        disk encryption support - shared library
ii  libcurl3:armhf                  7.26.0-1+wheezy1           armhf        easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (OpenSSL flavour)
ii  libcurl3-gnutls:armhf           7.26.0-1+wheezy1           armhf        easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (GnuTLS flavour)
ii  libcwidget3                     0.5.16-3.4                 armhf        high-level terminal interface library for C++ (runtime files)
ii  liblocale-gettext-perl          1.05-7                     armhf        module using libc functions for internationalization in Perl
ii  linux-libc-dev:armhf            3.2.35-2+rpi1              armhf        Linux support headers for userspace development

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

RE: Broken After 2.1 Update - Koenkk - 30th Mar, 2013 02:00 AM

Can you try reinstalling the package?

Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-xbmc

RE: Broken After 2.1 Update - hobogiggedy - 30th Mar, 2013 04:39 AM

(30th Mar, 2013 02:00 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  Can you try reinstalling the package?

Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-xbmc

That's seems to have done the trick. I had to run the below command (from memory) before it would work.

Code:
sudo dpkg - - configure - a

Thank you so much for your help.

I should probably start another thread but, is there a way to teenage CEC? I had previously disabled it through xbian-config.

RE: Broken After 2.1 Update - CurlyMo - 30th Mar, 2013 04:55 AM

You cannot disable check through xbian-config

RE: Broken After 2.1 Update - hobogiggedy - 30th Mar, 2013 05:30 AM

Seems like predictive got the best of me. Teenage should be reenable. You certainly can disable CEC through xbian-config but I (hopefully) managed to reenable it through the Xbian menu within XBMC.

RE: Broken After 2.1 Update - CurlyMo - 30th Mar, 2013 05:40 AM

Ah, you mean the hardware CEC implementation, i though you meant the XBMC CEC addon.