Forum
[split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter (/thread-747.html)

Pages: 1 2

[split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - Trefex - 6th Apr, 2013 10:39 PM

(6th Apr, 2013 09:57 PM)Koenkk Wrote:  You should be able to play 1080p DTS without problems with the XBMC 12.1 update. I recommend:
Code:
core_freq=250
arm_freq=840

These values will also be the defaults in XBian 1.0 Beta 1

Well it doesn't. And I'm talking about DTSHD, not the classical DTS. It's just stuttering / buffering every 10 seconds or so. Even with the over-clocking it doesn't work, but on some DTS movies, at least it works better.

Re: Official XBMC 12.1 (xbian-package-xbmc 2.1) discussion - rikardo1979 - 6th Apr, 2013 11:04 PM

@Trefex
DTS-HD MA is not supported on RPi anyway,all HD formats are down mixed to lower formats like DTS or DD.
All should be smooth as me personally playing real high bitrate files like +30gb of size files with 1080p and DTS-HD MAsound.
So can you please post your details,like your HW config (PSU,SD card,USB devices if any and how do you have them connected), your HDMI connection ( external decoder Y/N, XBMC output settings),where are your files(USB attached HDD,local server - SMB,NFS,UPNP,.. over LAN or WiFi)
-thx-

RE: Official XBMC 12.1 (xbian-package-xbmc 2.1) discussion - Trefex - 7th Apr, 2013 01:06 AM

(6th Apr, 2013 11:04 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  @Trefex
DTS-HD MA is not supported on RPi anyway,all HD formats are down mixed to lower formats like DTS or DD.
All should be smooth as me personally playing real high bitrate files like +30gb of size files with 1080p and DTS-HD MA sound.
So can you please post your details,like your HW config (PSU,SD card,USB devices if any and how do you have them connected), your HDMI connection ( external decoder Y/N, XBMC output settings),where are your files(USB attached HDD,local server - SMB,NFS,UPNP,.. over LAN or WiFi)
-thx-

Hey, so it's not supported, but it should work?

I access files over 1 GbE LAN. My files are on my main computer, folders are shared using windows sharing, so I guess SMB.

PSU: 5 V 1.1 A
SD: SanDisk Ultra Class 10 8 GB
HDMI: go to TV, and then to Logitech Z5500 via Optical Cable
XBMC:

Video Output:
1920 * 1080
60 Hz Refresh
Vertical Sync : On playback

Audio:
HDMI
AC3 capable receiver: Yes
DTS capable receiver: No

Video:
Sync playback: No

/boot/config.txt

initramfs initramfs.gz 0x00a00000
gpu_freq=280
gpu_mem_256=128
gpu_mem_512=256
decode_MPG2=0x9c4ce6fe
decode_WVC1=0x8d3638fc
arm_freq=950
core_freq=450
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=2
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
disable_overscan=1

In .xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml :

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>78643200</cachemembuffersize>
</network>

RE: Official XBMC 12.1 (xbian-package-xbmc 2.1) discussion - rikardo1979 - 7th Apr, 2013 02:13 AM

(7th Apr, 2013 01:06 AM)Trefex Wrote:  
(6th Apr, 2013 11:04 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  @Trefex
All should be smooth as me personally playing real high bitrate files like +30gb of size files with 1080p and DTS-HD MAsound.
-thx-

Hey, so it's not supported, but it should work?

I access files over 1 GbE LAN. My files are on my main computer, folders are shared using windows sharing, so I guess SMB.

PSU: 5 V 1.1 A
SD: SanDisk Ultra Class 10 8 GB
HDMI: go to TV, and then to Logitech Z5500 via Optical Cable
XBMC:

Video Output:
1920 * 1080
60 Hz Refresh
Vertical Sync : On playback

Audio:
HDMI
AC3 capable receiver: Yes
DTS capable receiver: No

Video:
Sync playback: No

/boot/config.txt

initramfs initramfs.gz 0x00a00000
gpu_freq=280
gpu_mem_256=128
gpu_mem_512=256
decode_MPG2=0x9c4ce6fe
decode_WVC1=0x8d3638fc
arm_freq=950
core_freq=450
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=2
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
disable_overscan=1

In .xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml :

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>78643200</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
yes, all new HD audio formats works, but as I said, they are downgraded to the older standards as RPi do not have a support yet.
So it means
- DTS-HD MA > DTS
- TrueHD > DD

Looking at your setup, you do not have a DTS capable receiver so your DTS sound is downmixing to 2.0 stereo. This may cause some issues, stutter or similar, if you play a files with high bitrate for example.

Can you try to pass-through the DTS to your TV and see if its capable to downmix into lower format and pass-out into your receiver over optical cable ?
If yes, than your RPi would not need to processing DTS and it should be absolutely smooth

[split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter1 - Trefex - 7th Apr, 2013 05:57 AM

(7th Apr, 2013 02:13 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  yes, all new HD audio formats works, but as I said, they are downgraded to the older standards as RPi do not have a support yet.
So it means
- DTS-HD MA > DTS
- TrueHD > DD

Looking at your setup, you do not have a DTS capable receiver so your DTS sound is downmixing to 2.0 stereo. This may cause some issues, stutter or similar, if you play a files with high bitrate for example.

Can you try to pass-through the DTS to your TV and see if its capable to downmix into lower format and pass-out into your receiver over optical cable ?
If yes, than your RPi would not need to processing DTS and it should be absolutely smooth

How do I do that?

Addding hdmi_force_edid_audio=1 in the config.txt file?
(7th Apr, 2013 05:57 AM)Trefex Wrote:  
(7th Apr, 2013 02:13 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  yes, all new HD audio formats works, but as I said, they are downgraded to the older standards as RPi do not have a support yet.
So it means
- DTS-HD MA > DTS
- TrueHD > DD

How do I do that?

nyou can but just activate DTS capable receiver in XBMC System>Settings>System>Audio output do the trick Wink
Than try if your TV would be able to pass the DTS out on optical (I doubt) or if would downmix it into stereo or any other format and pass this out to receiver over it
btw what is the model of the TV you have?
(7th Apr, 2013 06:10 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
So it means
- DTS-HD MA > DTS
- TrueHD > DD

How do I do that?

nyou can but just activate DTS capable receiver in XBMC System>Settings>System>Audio output do the trick Wink
Than try if your TV would be able to pass the DTS out on optical (I doubt) or if would downmix it into stereo or any other format and pass this out to receiver over it

How can I check if it is downmixing or how can i force that?

When I activate the DTS passthrough, the sound still plays and still stutters.

I have a SamsungLE-40A786 TV.
(7th Apr, 2013 06:28 AM)Trefex Wrote:  
So it means
- DTS-HD MA > DTS
- TrueHD > DD

How do I do that?

OK, if this is your TV than it means that once you have optical cable connected, all the HDMI inputs are out to optical in 2.0 stereo only!
Question is if it does this for Dolby Digital or DTS too(not easy to say as its not mentioned in manual), so you may confirm if you have sound from receiver if you play movies with DD and DTS.

I use only default XBian OC settings and as I mentioned, all files plays smooth so it has to be something somewhere in your HW or settings what causing the stutter
(7th Apr, 2013 06:47 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(7th Apr, 2013 06:28 AM)Trefex Wrote:  
So it means
- DTS-HD MA > DTS
- TrueHD > DD

How do I do that?

OK, if this is your TV than it means that once you have optical cable connected, all the HDMI inputs are out to optical in 2.0 stereo only!
Question is if it does this for Dolby Digital or DTS too(not easy to say as its not mentioned in manual), so you may confirm if you have sound from receiver if you play movies with DD and DTS.

I use only default XBian OC settings and as I mentioned, all files plays smooth so it has to be something somewhere in your HW or settings what causing the stutter

If only the Raspberry had an optical out Sad I can hear sound in DD and DTS with the current config, but only with movies in 1080p with DTS I usually experience stutter. Nothing on AC3 or DD and nothing on tv shows...

Thank you for your help though...

By the way, what about the pi being black screen after 12 or 24 hours when i switch back on TV?

RE: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - rikardo1979 - 7th Apr, 2013 06:34 PM

as this was going too specific I have decided to split the thread and moved your posts to this new one and merged all together.
Please keep posting here
-thx-

RE: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - Tinwarble - 8th Apr, 2013 03:51 AM

I have a similar issue with mkvs with DTS-HD buffering.

The only mkvs that do this is are ones that have been encoded using Handbrake and may be related to an issue that I ran into before where there is a problem with reading HBs libmkv 0.6.5 writing library.

I say that because I had the same issue with my WDTV Live players until they had updated the FW to correct this. Also, if you remux the HB video with mkvtoolnix, changing the writing library, then the buffering stops. The buffering issue also seems to mostly affect only larger files, anything that is larger than about 12-15GB (after being encoded with HB).

I'm also seeing, with a few videos, a freezing issue that may be related to layer break. This happens with also with HB encoded video and remuxing with mkvtoolnix does not solve this problem. I say that it may be related to layer break only because it always seems to happen about half way through a video where the layer break on a dual layer BD would be. This also happens on only larger videos >12-15GB.

I'm still doing some testing, but I will try to post media info and log files in a few days (if needed).

On a side note. When the video freezes the player doesn't stop or crash, it just keeps going like it is still playing the video. Also the video will play fine up to the time it freezes and if you stop the video then start the video a few seconds past the point of freezing it will continue to play with out any issues to the end.

Also, to add, encoding with Handbrake using only DTS pass-through (not DTS-HD) appears to stop the buffering & freezing issue, however, there are still some slight audio drops which could still be due to buffering, but I'm unable to tell.

If anyone wants to test, one movie that this happens on is Jurassic Park. I'm currently using HB 5278svn (nightly build), but this appears to happen no matter what version I use (including the official version) as long as it uses the libmkv 0.6.5 writing library. I'm also just using the preset High Profile setting with the only changes is to the Audio settings (DTS-HD track and DTS-HD pass-through ONLY) and setting the Picture Modulus to 16.

RE: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - rikardo1979 - 8th Apr, 2013 05:27 AM

@Tinwarble good point
maybe similar to this issue
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=155671
not saying same but something similar in the matter that there may be something not right with the files he trying to play

RE: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - Tinwarble - 8th Apr, 2013 06:54 AM

(8th Apr, 2013 05:27 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  @Tinwarble good point
maybe similar to this issue
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=155671
not saying same but something similar in the matter that there may be something not right with the files he trying to play

I'm not sure if that's the same issue or not, hard to say because there's no mediainfo for the file, and the download link seems to have been deleted.

However, I don't think that it is particularly that there is something not right with the file, but rather how XBMC (or omxplayer in particular) handles the file. Like I said, due to the changes in the writing library in HB, WD had to make changes in there FW because the same (or similar) issue would happen with their players.

Also to add, taking a clip (as the OP in that post did) will probably not reveal the problem as it seems to be directly related to the size of the file. I don't know why this is, but I can confirm that it's not just because the size of the file and it's not a network issue.

This is the mediainfo of a file that buffers encoded with HB:
PHP Code:
General
Unique ID                                
81124419120006751940634052326602004949 (0x3D07FEAB3D97BC42E31BFBCB50AF59D5)
Complete name                            D:\My Videos\BR MKV\Jurassic Park I (1).mkv
Format                                   
Matroska
Format version                           
Version 2
File size                                
20.1 GiB
Duration                                 
2h 6mn
Overall bit rate mode                    
Variable
Overall bit rate                         
22.7 Mbps
Writing application                      
HandBrake 5278svn
Writing library                          
libmkv 0.6.5

Video
ID                                       
Format                                   
AVC
Format
/Info                              Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           
High@L4.0
Format settings
CABAC                   Yes
Format settings
ReFrames                4 frames
Codec ID                                 
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Width                                    
1 920 pixels
Height                                   
1 040 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     
1.85:1
Frame rate mode                          
Variable
Color space                              
YUV
Chroma subsampling                       
4:2:0
Bit depth                                
8 bits
Scan type                                
Progressive
Writing library                          
x264 core 130
Encoding settings                        
cabac=ref=deblock=1:0:analyse=0x3:0x113 me=umh subme=psy=psy_rd=1.00:0.00 mixed_ref=me_range=16 chroma_me=trellis=8x8dct=cqm=deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=chroma_qp_offset=-threads=lookahead_threads=sliced_threads=nr=decimate=interlaced=bluray_compat=constrained_intra=bframes=b_pyramid=b_adapt=b_bias=direct=weightb=open_gop=weightp=keyint=240 keyint_min=24 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=rc_lookahead=50 rc=crf mbtree=crf=20.0 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=qpmax=69 qpstep=vbv_maxrate=25000 vbv_bufsize=31250 crf_max=0.0 nal_hrd=none ip_ratio=1.40 aq=1:1.00
Language                                 
English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   
No
Color primaries                          
BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 
BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      
BT.709

Audio
ID                                       
Format                                   
DTS
Format
/Info                              Digital Theater Systems
Format profile                           
MA Core
Mode                                     
Format settings
Endianness              Big
Codec ID                                 
A_DTS
Duration                                 
2h 6mn
Bit rate mode                            
Variable
Bit rate                                 
Unknown 1 509 Kbps
Channel
(s)                               : 8 channels 6 channels
Channel positions                        
FrontL C RSideL RBackL RLFE FrontL C RSideL RLFE
Sampling rate                            
48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                
24 bits
Compression mode                         
Lossless Lossy
Language                                 
English
Forced                                   
No

Menu
:00:00.000                             Chapter 1
:05:19.836                             Chapter 2
:10:14.756                             Chapter 3
:15:17.058                             Chapter 4
:19:33.230                             Chapter 5
:23:46.817                             Chapter 6
:31:40.165                             Chapter 7
:37:59.210                             Chapter 8
:40:26.691                             Chapter 9
:55:28.050                             Chapter 10
:01:43.258                             Chapter 11
:10:44.131                             Chapter 12
:20:01.146                             Chapter 13
:34:03.988                             Chapter 14
:39:45.329                             Chapter 15
:43:43.192                             Chapter 16
:47:56.862                             Chapter 17
:54:45.395                             Chapter 18
:58:04.427                             Chapter 19
:59:55.997                             Chapter 20 

This is the same file remuxed with mkvtoolnix that doesn't buffer but freezes half way through (@ about 49min):
PHP Code:
General
Unique ID                                
211354752827584282526692271947932620536 (0x9F0171DA369AECC1BDFCE3BD2435D6F8)
Complete name                            D:\My Videos\BR MKV\Jurassic Park I (2).mkv
Format                                   
Matroska
Format version                           
Version 4 Version 2
File size                                
20.3 GiB
Duration                                 
2h 6mn
Overall bit rate mode                    
Variable
Overall bit rate                         
22.9 Mbps
Encoded date                             
UTC 2013-04-07 00:51:52
Writing application                      
mkvmerge v6.1.0 ('Old Devil'built on Mar  2 2013 14:32:37
Writing library                          
libebml v1.3.0 libmatroska v1.4.0

Video
ID                                       
Format                                   
AVC
Format
Format profile                           
High@L4.1
Format settings
Format settings
Codec ID                                 
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                                 
2h 6mn
Width                                    
1 920 pixels
Height                                   
1 040 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     
Frame rate mode                          
Constant
Frame rate                               
23.976 fps
Color space                              
YUV
Chroma subsampling                       
Bit depth                                
8 bits
Scan type                                
Progressive
Writing library                          
x264 core 130
Encoding settings                        
cabac=ref=deblock=1:0:analyse=0x3:0x113 me=umh subme=psy=psy_rd=1.00:0.00 mixed_ref=me_range=16 chroma_me=trellis=8x8dct=cqm=deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=chroma_qp_offset=-threads=lookahead_threads=sliced_threads=nr=decimate=interlaced=bluray_compat=constrained_intra=bframes=b_pyramid=b_adapt=b_bias=direct=weightb=open_gop=weightp=keyint=240 keyint_min=24 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=rc_lookahead=50 rc=crf mbtree=crf=20.0 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=qpmax=69 qpstep=vbv_maxrate=62500 vbv_bufsize=78125 crf_max=0.0 nal_hrd=none ip_ratio=1.40 aq=1:1.00
Language                                 
English
Forced                                   
No
Color primaries                          
BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 
BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      
BT.709

Audio
ID                                       
Format                                   
DTS
Format
Format profile                           
MA Core
Mode                                     
Format settings
Codec ID                                 
A_DTS
Duration                                 
2h 6mn
Bit rate mode                            
Variable
Bit rate                                 
Unknown 1 509 Kbps
Channel
(s)                               : 8 channels 6 channels
Channel positions                        
FrontL C RSideL RBackL RLFE FrontL C RSideL RLFE
Sampling rate                            
48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                
24 bits
Compression mode                         
Lossless Lossy
Forced                                   
No

Menu
:00:00.000                             en:Chapter 1
:05:19.819                             en:Chapter 2
:10:14.739                             en:Chapter 3
:15:17.041                             en:Chapter 4
:19:33.213                             en:Chapter 5
:23:46.800                             en:Chapter 6
:31:40.148                             en:Chapter 7
:37:59.193                             en:Chapter 8
:40:26.674                             en:Chapter 9
:55:28.033                             en:Chapter 10
:01:43.241                             en:Chapter 11
:10:44.114                             en:Chapter 12
:20:01.129                             en:Chapter 13
:34:03.971                             en:Chapter 14
:39:45.312                             en:Chapter 15
:43:43.175                             en:Chapter 16
:47:56.845                             en:Chapter 17
:54:45.378                             en:Chapter 18
:58:04.410                             en:Chapter 19
:59:55.980                             en:Chapter 20 

And this is the same video encoded with HB using the same settings but using DTS only. This one plays but has slight audio drops.
PHP Code:
General
Unique ID                                
253667186180196349079987999513458820556 (0xBED685E1D6F1BB839568AF56B1F4C5CC)
Complete name                            D:\My Videos\BR MKV\Jurassic Park I.mkv
Format                                   
Matroska
Format version                           
Version 2
File size                                
16.7 GiB
Duration                                 
2h 6mn
Overall bit rate                         
18.9 Mbps
Writing application                      
HandBrake 5278svn
Writing library                          
libmkv 0.6.5

Video
ID                                       
Format                                   
AVC
Format
Format profile                           
High@L4.1
Format settings
Format settings
Codec ID                                 
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 
17.0 Mbps
Width                                    
1 920 pixels
Height                                   
1 040 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     
Frame rate mode                          
Variable
Color space                              
YUV
Chroma subsampling                       
Bit depth                                
8 bits
Scan type                                
Progressive
Writing library                          
x264 core 130
Encoding settings                        
cabac=ref=deblock=1:0:analyse=0x3:0x113 me=umh subme=psy=psy_rd=1.00:0.00 mixed_ref=me_range=16 chroma_me=trellis=8x8dct=cqm=deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=chroma_qp_offset=-threads=lookahead_threads=sliced_threads=nr=decimate=interlaced=bluray_compat=constrained_intra=bframes=b_pyramid=b_adapt=b_bias=direct=weightb=open_gop=weightp=keyint=240 keyint_min=24 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=rc_lookahead=50 rc=crf mbtree=crf=20.0 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=qpmax=69 qpstep=vbv_maxrate=62500 vbv_bufsize=78125 crf_max=0.0 nal_hrd=none ip_ratio=1.40 aq=1:1.00
Language                                 
English
Forced                                   
No
Color primaries                          
BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 
BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      
BT.709

Audio
ID                                       
Format                                   
DTS
Format
Mode                                     
Format settings
Codec ID                                 
A_DTS
Duration                                 
2h 6mn
Bit rate mode                            
Constant
Bit rate                                 
1 509 Kbps
Channel
(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        
FrontL C RSideL RLFE
Sampling rate                            
48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                
24 bits
Compression mode                         
Lossy
Stream size                              
1.33 GiB (8%)
Language                                 English
Forced                                   
No

Menu
:00:00.000                             Chapter 1
:05:19.836                             Chapter 2
:10:14.756                             Chapter 3
:15:17.058                             Chapter 4
:19:33.230                             Chapter 5
:23:46.817                             Chapter 6
:31:40.165                             Chapter 7
:37:59.210                             Chapter 8
:40:26.691                             Chapter 9
:55:28.050                             Chapter 10
:01:43.258                             Chapter 11
:10:44.131                             Chapter 12
:20:01.146                             Chapter 13
:34:03.988                             Chapter 14
:39:45.329                             Chapter 15
:43:43.192                             Chapter 16
:47:56.862                             Chapter 17
:54:45.395                             Chapter 18
:58:04.427                             Chapter 19
:59:55.997                             Chapter 20 

And the same file remuxed with mkvtoolnix. This one plays without issue:
PHP Code:
General
Unique ID                                
203615419916119367090912735912050902335 (0x992EE7478D4191A8A3D163CD9B11453F)
Complete name                            D:\My Videos\BR MKV\Jurassic Park I (3).mkv
Format                                   
Matroska
Format version                           
Version 4 Version 2
File size                                
16.7 GiB
Duration                                 
2h 6mn
Overall bit rate                         
18.9 Mbps
Encoded date                             
UTC 2013-04-07 18:24:23
Writing application                      
mkvmerge v6.1.0 ('Old Devil'built on Mar  2 2013 14:32:37
Writing library                          
libebml v1.3.0 libmatroska v1.4.0

Video
ID                                       
Format                                   
AVC
Format
Format profile                           
High@L4.1
Format settings
Format settings
Codec ID                                 
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 
17.0 Mbps
Width                                    
1 920 pixels
Height                                   
1 040 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     
Frame rate mode                          
Variable
Color space                              
YUV
Chroma subsampling                       
Bit depth                                
8 bits
Scan type                                
Progressive
Writing library                          
x264 core 130
Encoding settings                        
Language                                 
English
Forced                                   
No
Color primaries                          
BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 
BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      
BT.709

Audio
ID                                       
Format                                   
DTS
Format
Mode                                     
Format settings
Codec ID                                 
A_DTS
Duration                                 
2h 6mn
Bit rate mode                            
Constant
Bit rate                                 
1 509 Kbps
Channel
(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        
FrontL C RSideL RLFE
Sampling rate                            
48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                
24 bits
Compression mode                         
Lossy
Stream size                              
1.33 GiB (8%)
Language                                 English
Forced                                   
No

Menu
:00:00.000                             en:Chapter 1
:05:19.836                             en:Chapter 2
:10:14.756                             en:Chapter 3
:15:17.058                             en:Chapter 4
:19:33.230                             en:Chapter 5
:23:46.817                             en:Chapter 6
:31:40.165                             en:Chapter 7
:37:59.210                             en:Chapter 8
:40:26.691                             en:Chapter 9
:55:28.050                             en:Chapter 10
:01:43.258                             en:Chapter 11
:10:44.131                             en:Chapter 12
:20:01.146                             en:Chapter 13
:34:03.988                             en:Chapter 14
:39:45.329                             en:Chapter 15
:43:43.192                             en:Chapter 16
:47:56.862                             en:Chapter 17
:54:45.395                             en:Chapter 18
:58:04.427                             en:Chapter 19
:59:55.997                             en:Chapter 20 

RE: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - Tinwarble - 11th Apr, 2013 04:10 AM

UPDATE:

Here's the xmbc.log from one of the files that freezes:
http://pastebin.com/ZffKMLqy

Mediainfo for the file:
http://pastebin.com/dx2Pq6WK

RE: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - Tinwarble - 19th May, 2013 12:50 PM

Here's a clip of the video that keeps freezing (the clip does the same thing).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3iirw6vp9h4dv2/Jurassic%20Park%20I-Split-002.mkv

Normally, I would check this off to being a bad encode, but I don't have any issues playing the same video on my PC or any of my other 4 media players (1 WDTV HUB, WDTV Gen 1, WDTV Gen 3 and a Seagate FAT), none of which will play badly encoded files.

RE: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - rikardo1979 - 19th May, 2013 05:51 PM

I have just tested your sample and it plays smooth
If you are still on XBMC 12.1 can you try upgrade to 12.2 or you can wait for new Beta1 release(its not far Smile )

RE: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - Tinwarble - 19th May, 2013 11:01 PM

(19th May, 2013 05:51 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I have just tested your sample and it plays smooth
If you are still on XBMC 12.1 can you try upgrade to 12.2 or you can wait for new Beta1 release(its not far Smile )

Did you test on 12.2 or beta 1?

I'm on 12.2 and have the same problem with this file. Thing is that this is the only one that I am having problems with.

RE: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - rikardo1979 - 19th May, 2013 11:04 PM

(19th May, 2013 11:01 PM)Tinwarble Wrote:  
(19th May, 2013 05:51 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I have just tested your sample and it plays smooth

I'm on 12.2 and have the same problem with this file. Thing is that this is the only one that I am having problems with.

if you are on XBMC 12.2 than you posting under wrong thread Wink check the title

RE: [split] Official XBMC 12.1-video stutter - Tinwarble - 19th May, 2013 11:16 PM

(19th May, 2013 11:04 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(19th May, 2013 11:01 PM)Tinwarble Wrote:  

if you are on XBMC 12.2 than you posting under wrong thread Wink check the title

Yes, but this was split off of the 12.1 thread, not a part of it. And I didn't see any need to start a new thread that was a continuation of the same issue into a new update.Tongue

I was on 12.1 when I found the issue and now I'm on 12.2.Wink