Forum
SSH access issue - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: SSH access issue (/thread-754.html)

SSH access issue - Vascoe - 8th Apr, 2013 08:30 AM

Hi there, I'm quite new to all this so I hope I'm not missing something silly.

I'm trying to get xbian alpha 5 running and im running into issues that are already mentioned on these forums, the solutions require SSH access, which is where I'm having a problem.

I'm connecting via putty and using the login details in the faq but I just get access denied warning. I set it up as per:

http://xbian.org/getting-started/install-and-connect/

Power supply is up to spec and I've tried it on two different SD's and having the same issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

RE: SSH access issue - Skywatch - 8th Apr, 2013 09:20 AM

Hi and welcome!

I'm new to this as well :-)
Firstly are you connecting via a router? If so check that the port you are using for ssh (default 22) isn't blocked.
Next try a different cable or test the ones you are using. Can you see the pi on your network?
Next are you really sure the pi has a valid ip address on your network? Can you confirm it from the main screen?
Where it says to enter the ip address in putty, try putting xbian@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and see if that does it.

What are the 'issues' you are having? (you never know, it might be related)! ;-)

Hope that might help.

skywatch

ALso don't forget to log in with

User = xbian
password = reapberry

Skywatch

Opps....

Password = raspberry

sorry, it's late here!

S.

RE: SSH access issue - port092 - 11th Apr, 2013 11:06 AM

Hi,
Firstly, congratulations on a great distro. Installation was easy and flawless. Everything appears to be working as expected, and wifi connectivity is working.
However, I am also having an issue with logging in with SSH.
I am using XBian 1.0 Alpha5 and Putty as the SSH client, but using xbian:raspberry credentials gives "Access denied".
I am on a LAN with no firewalls enabled, and have made sure that SSH is enabled via the GUI (and have rebooted).
I also tried to connect via SMB and received a User:Password prompt and again tried xbian:raspberry credentials which also failed.
I will do a fresh installation as a last resort, but would rather not if there is something I may have overlooked. Hopefully someone can help.

SSH access issue - Koenkk - 11th Apr, 2013 11:29 AM

(11th Apr, 2013 11:06 AM)port092 Wrote:  Hi,
Firstly, congratulations on a great distro. Installation was easy and flawless. Everything appears to be working as expected, and wifi connectivity is working.
I am using XBian 1.0 Alpha5 and Putty as the SSH client, but using xbian:raspberry credentials gives "Access denied".
I am on a LAN with no firewalls enabled, and have made sure that SSH is enabled via the GUI (and have rebooted).
I also tried to connect via SMB and received a User:Password prompt and again tried xbian:raspberry credentials which also failed.
I will do a fresh installation as a last resort, but would rather not if there is something I may have overlooked. Hopefully someone can help.

Are you sure you installed the latest XBian (1.0 alpha 5), to check this, in xbmc go to system -> system information. What does XBian version: say?

RE: SSH access issue - port092 - 11th Apr, 2013 11:51 AM

(11th Apr, 2013 11:29 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  

Are you sure you installed the latest XBian (1.0 alpha 5), to check this, in xbmc go to system -> system information. What does XBian version: say?

I only did the installation last night and all updates were performed and the installer downloaded 1.0Alpha5.tar.gz.
Unfortunately I can't check the version since I am at work and can't SSH in Huh , but I am sure the XBian version is XBian (1.0 alpha 5).

SSH access issue - Koenkk - 11th Apr, 2013 06:08 PM

(11th Apr, 2013 11:51 AM)port092 Wrote:  
(11th Apr, 2013 11:29 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  

I only did the installation last night and all updates were performed and the installer downloaded 1.0Alpha5.tar.gz.
Unfortunately I can't check the version since I am at work and can't SSH in Huh , but I am sure the XBian version is XBian (1.0 alpha 5).

Then it should be fine. Did you try to ssh within the same network?

RE: SSH access issue - port092 - 12th Apr, 2013 01:31 PM

I reinstalled, using the Windows installer, and now it is all working.