Forum
Can't "play" a video_ts folder - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Can't "play" a video_ts folder (/thread-756.html)

Can't "play" a video_ts folder - andrew - 8th Apr, 2013 03:33 PM

I really hope I am not missing something really stupid here but I probably am. I am a newbie to xbian but not to linux in general. So I have setup my pi with xbian an so far just played music and wanted to be able to play my video collection as well. It's on a nfs mount (just like the music collection) and every file type plays fine so far (avi's mostly) except videos in a VIDEO_TS folder. XBian recognizes the show and pulls down all of the data and displays the cover and everything in the GUI. If open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file it would play only the beginning of a few titles and then go black. If I push play on the library page (where it shows the video and a picture of the cover) it goes black immediately. I get no sound but I can exit and navigate the xbmc GUI. I have purchased and installed the MPG2 and WVC1 codecs, can't find anything in syslog (is there another log I can check?) and am at a loss.

root@xbian:/var/log# vcgencmd codec_enabled WVC1
WVC1=enabled
root@xbian:/var/log# vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2
MPG2=enabled

Thanks for your help,
Andrew

Re: Can't "play" a video_ts folder - f1vefour - 8th Apr, 2013 03:54 PM

what happens if you directly select one of the *.vob files?

Re: Can't "play" a video_ts folder - rikardo1979 - 8th Apr, 2013 03:55 PM

can you post your settings from config.txt ?

RE: Can't "play" a video_ts folder - Tinwarble - 8th Apr, 2013 07:35 PM

You can try encoding the video as a mkv using mkvtoolnix and see if the file will play then.

Depending on your PC, it shouldn't take more than about 5 min or so to do.

RE: Can't "play" a video_ts folder - andrew - 9th Apr, 2013 10:56 AM

Here is my config.txt
Code:
decode_MPG2=0xb9167e25
decode_WVC1=0x1c4601a3
gpu_mem_256=128
gpu_mem_512=128
arm_freq=700
core_freq=250
sdram_freq=400
over_voltage=0

Most of the VOB files play, there is a deinterlace problem, but other then that its fine. Some of the VOB files exit with unable to play check the log, what log?

the MKV file worked.

RE: Can't "play" a video_ts folder - zilexa - 10th Apr, 2013 09:10 AM

I am used to selecting the IFO file. Always worked. Not tested on the Pi though.
Generating MKVs of all your DVD folders is a much, much better idea and extremely easy and fast.
It should become standard routine for people to do this. Simply go to http://www.makemkv.com/ its soo easy and fast your momma can do it Tongue

Re: Can't "play" a video_ts folder - BartOtten - 12th Apr, 2013 04:02 PM

Another vote for MKV.

Re: Can't "play" a video_ts folder - rikardo1979 - 12th Apr, 2013 04:22 PM

even I agree with pro mkv and I totally dislike all DVD standard formats this is actually not resolving the issue OP has.
@OP still awaiting you reply to my previous request Wink