Forum
[PROBLEM] Auto Play on Startup - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Auto Play on Startup (/thread-776.html)

Auto Play on Startup - jetyap - 11th Apr, 2013 04:14 AM

Hi all,

I managed to configure so that Xbian starts playing a video playlist on startup.

However, when I turn on the RPi, I get to the main menu with the video playing on background instead. In order to show the video in fullscreen, I have to manually select "Fullscreen".

How can I start the video in fullscreen mode without the interfering main menu? I want to make it so that the videos play and loop non-stop without any main menu.

RE: Auto Play on Startup - rikardo1979 - 11th Apr, 2013 04:58 AM

Regarding the video loop there will be a gap between end-replay, I think that there was an discussion on XBMC forum or their git. So not sure if there would be anything to do with

For the autostart playback, I need some time to check or if anyone else have an answer straight than great Wink

RE: Auto Play on Startup - jetyap - 11th Apr, 2013 01:24 PM

Hi rikardo,

Thanks for the reply.

I have currently done the following:-

1) From the Home menu, go to System > Skins > General Settings. In the "Startup Window" section, check "Enable playlist at startup".

2) Set Path to my smart playlist.

3) Edited guisettings.xml to set Repeat mode for videos under <myvideos>.

Everything works well, except that instead of the videos starting in full screen after boot, it shows me the Home Window with video running on the background.

As this player will be installed without a keyboard or any input device, I'm hoping to make it plug and play. Please help! Thanks.