Forum
[SOLVED] "Install from ZIP" option missing - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] "Install from ZIP" option missing (/thread-777.html)

"Install from ZIP" option missing - Dant100 - 11th Apr, 2013 09:57 PM

Hi all,

New Xbian user here and I'm going round in circles trying to find out an answer to my question. I've been googling and searching the forum all day.
I am running v.1.0a5 and am trying to install the superrepo.org repository. I have added it as a source and can see the zip files to add the respective sub-repos in the file manager but that's as far as I can go.
Any info I can find on adding repo's or anything else suggests simply doing the following:
"System > Addons > Install a ZIP file”
My problem is that I don't seem to have this "install from ZIP file" option available. I've been going round in circles in all the menus to see if it's just me missing something but cannot find it. Is there something I need to do first to enable this?

Any help much appreciated so I can get back to studying like I should be doing!
Apologies if this has been answered somewhere before.

Cheers
Dan

Re: "Install from ZIP" option missing - rikardo1979 - 11th Apr, 2013 10:05 PM

just download the suoerrepo zip file and save it somewhere where you would be able to access the file.
Than if you go to System>Add-ons you should be able to see Install from zip file option

BTW do you use the default Confluence skin?

RE: "Install from ZIP" option missing - Dant100 - 11th Apr, 2013 10:22 PM

(11th Apr, 2013 10:05 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  just download the suoerrepo zip file and save it somewhere where you would be able to access the file.
Than if you go to System>Add-ons you should be able to see Install from zip file option

BTW do you use the default Confluence skin?

Hi Rikardo,
Thanks very much, that's worked perfectly. I must have got lost somewhere along the way in the tutorials.
Also, yes I am using Confluence.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Cheers
Dan

RE: "Install from ZIP" option missing - Isabel - 19th Jun, 2013 04:24 AM

This error comes with my installation when I first time do these installation, after rebooting it doesn't show any error or missing file.