Forum
SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Others (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? (/thread-785.html)

SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - harvey186 - 13th Apr, 2013 08:19 PM

Hi,

does anyone knows how I can stream my screen, for example webrowser, from my Nexus 10 to the XBIAN ? Something like airplay ?

Thanks

Re: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - rikardo1979 - 13th Apr, 2013 08:27 PM

you can share the media content but not screen or webbrowser

RE: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - harvey186 - 14th Apr, 2013 12:39 AM

I have found a soluion with Twonky Beam http://twonky.com/product/beam/
Now I can bean most things from my Nexus 10 to my TV over my raspberry Smile Great Smile

Re: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - f1vefour - 14th Apr, 2013 08:04 PM

iMediaShare is the best Android app for 'beaming' content IMO.

Yatse has a new DLNA/UPnP server, you can push/pull media to various devices including the Pi of course.

RE: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - harvey186 - 15th Apr, 2013 12:22 AM

iMediShare dosn't work for me. It founds my Xbian, but when I play a movie I get only the msssage "waiting for Xbain" on my Nexus10 screen

RE: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - rikardo1979 - 15th Apr, 2013 01:39 AM

did you try Yatse? I use only that for media share from web, and I think it should work with local files too.
give it a try its free Wink

Re: RE: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - f1vefour - 15th Apr, 2013 09:40 AM

(15th Apr, 2013 12:22 AM)harvey186 Wrote:  iMediShare dosn't work for me. It founds my Xbian, but when I play a movie I get only the msssage "waiting for Xbain" on my Nexus10 screen

Interesting, I use it all the time from a tablet and a Galaxy Nexus.

Yatse can do what you want but you have to purchase the unlocker. It is worth the dollars.

RE: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - harvey186 - 16th Apr, 2013 01:12 AM

Yeah, that are all apps which are playing or beaming the contens from my device to the XBIAN / TV. But all thias a can do alobe with the XBIAN. What I have tried was streaming a video from google play store to the TV via XBIAN. But I have read now a lot on the web and this wan't work with no tablet/phone. That's the same as with he iPAD. I also not alowed to stream payed video's from iTunes via airplay.
Streaming normal videos is working but DRM secured videos not Sad

RE: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - dinno - 28th Feb, 2014 10:30 PM

hello guys i am new in this forum i am little bit confusing about Android tablet i love to watch online video anybody suggest affordable Android tablet Plus, cost wise, processor speed, removable storage, rear camera, front camera, RAM, processor too the prices seems to be low of these devices especially when you compare the same with the options like iPhone and similar kind of tablets and mobile devices
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 vs Archos 101 XS
http://tabletvs.net/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-2-7-0-vs-Archos-101-XS

Re: RE: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - f1vefour - 1st Mar, 2014 12:57 AM

(28th Feb, 2014 10:30 PM)dinno Wrote:  hello guys i am new in this forum i am little bit confusing about Adroid tablet i love to watch online video anybody suggest Adroid tablet is best
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 OR Acer Iconia Tab A510

The Note has a beautiful screen and good build quality, I have no experience with the Iconia.

RE: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - IriDium - 1st Mar, 2014 05:14 AM

@dinno I like the Nexus 7 or 10 if you have the money :-) The 7 model is very slim and beautifully made well worth the extra over say a Hudl. (If UK based).
@harvey186 - I used iMediashare on my android when testing airplay Airplay Test and it worked fine.

RE: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - salar521 - 11th Apr, 2014 04:56 PM

It does stream audio quite nicely and I recommend it for that purpose and is an excellent file manager. Does not compare to the Apple app Air Video.

RE: SOLVED: Streaming Video from Adroid tablet ?? - mk01 - 19th Apr, 2014 01:46 PM

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/14/04/11/exclusive_apple_vs_samsung_docs_reveal_galaxy_tab_was_a_flop_and_samsung_knew_it​.html