Forum
Error with compilation of xbmc - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Uncategorized (/forum-59.html)
+--- Thread: Error with compilation of xbmc (/thread-799.html)

Error with compilation of xbmc - Levi59 - 17th Apr, 2013 03:07 AM

I wanted to compile the latest xbmc from source GIT following the wiki tutorial gitub for xbian (https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/wiki/Compiling-XBMC-&-XBMC-dependencies) but I get a compilation error:

Code:
cc1plus: warning: command line option ‘-fgnu89-inline’ is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++ [enabled by default]
AR      xbmc/commons/commons.a
LD      xbmc.bin
make -C tools/TexturePacker/
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/xbmc/tools/TexturePacker'
g++ -D_LINUX -DUSE_LZO_PACKING   md5.cpp SDL_anigif.cpp XBTFWriter.cpp XBMCTex.cpp /opt/xbmc/xbmc/guilib/XBTF.cpp -lSDL_image -lSDL -llzo2 -L/opt/xbmc/lib/libsquish -lsquish-native -Wl,-rpath=/lib -o TexturePacker
XBTFWriter.cpp:25:25: fatal error: guilib/XBTF.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
XBMCTex.cpp:38:25: fatal error: guilib/XBTF.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [TexturePacker] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/xbmc/tools/TexturePacker'
make: *** [tools/TexturePacker/TexturePacker] Error 2

I don't know why it crash because I don't have modify any commande of the wiki...
help please!

RE: Error with compilation of xbmc - Koenkk - 17th Apr, 2013 04:46 AM

I forgot to update the wiki after the last change, fixed now.

EDIT: The latest XBMC for XBian is available here: https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbmc-nightly/

RE: Error with compilation of xbmc - Levi59 - 3rd May, 2013 05:50 AM

I have a probleme with the compilation. when i want to install dependancy, it need to install libc6 and remove rpi-update. If i said yes, the install work but system seem to be broken after and i can't reboot. if i do a reboot, i see same colored screen and nothing else. I test with no overclock and i've the same result. what did i can do?

i see thant the nightly don't need to be compiled. is there dvdcss on it? if no, is there any precompiled version with dvdcss and optical-drive enabled?

Error with compilation of xbmc - Koenkk - 3rd May, 2013 09:57 AM

The nightly is compiled with both

RE: Error with compilation of xbmc - Levi59 - 4th May, 2013 06:35 AM

Strange ... I managed to install the nightly build but my dvd player usb isn't recognized. I don't know how to fix it.

RE: Error with compilation of xbmc - rikardo1979 - 4th May, 2013 06:40 AM

(4th May, 2013 06:35 AM)Levi59 Wrote:  Strange ... I managed to install the nightly build but my dvd player usb isn't recognized. I don't know how to fix it.

do you actually realize that the DVD or anything related to optical drives or formats is just an experimental and was never meant to work on RPi?
just my 5cents into this Wink so you know that you may experience a lot of issues and you may save a lot of time if you just convert all your old stuff into digital format and some decent container/codec Wink

RE: Error with compilation of xbmc - Levi59 - 4th May, 2013 09:25 AM

i have actually a 1To hard drive full of movie, TV series and music and i don't have the place for all my dvd. So I would really get to read my dvd without converting...

RE: Error with compilation of xbmc - TobyM - 27th May, 2013 06:41 PM

Quote:I have a probleme with the compilation. when i want to install dependancy, it need to install libc6 and remove rpi-update. If i said yes, the install work but system seem to be broken after and i can't reboot. if i do a reboot, i see same colored screen and nothing else. I test with no overclock and i've the same result. what did i can do?
I have the same problem as described above. What I did:
Installed a clean version of xbian alpha 5.
Made a bigger swap file (had to as I'm compiling on a 256 MB Model B).
Followed all the steps described in the wiki.
XBMC compiled fine, but after I reboot, only thing I see is a colored gradient for some seconds, then the pi switches off.

How can I get around that issue?

Any help would be appreciated Smile

Greetings
TobyM

Error with compilation of xbmc - Koenkk - 27th May, 2013 10:40 PM

You have to remove the initramfs line from your /boot/config.txt

RE: Error with compilation of xbmc - TobyM - 27th May, 2013 11:23 PM

Awesome, a big thanks to you!
Now I'm back in the game Big Grin