Forum
Two questions about XMBC/XBian - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Two questions about XMBC/XBian (/thread-810.html)

Two questions about XMBC/XBian - syco - 19th Apr, 2013 02:29 AM

Hi guys,

I am totally new to the Raspberry Pi/XBian world, but I managed to get everything installed and running.

Now there remain two important questions:

1. When watching a movie (Les Miserables for example), I see the colours changing every 30 to 60 seconds. Once it has a red blur, then it is dark and later on bright green-brown. It looks really strange and I know, that can not be correct. Is there a fix for that?

2. I have added two directories from my NAS (Movies and TV series). Now I would like to add a third one, but this directory should NOT be pushed to the "movies" section, but remain as an own category/division ... AND it should be somehow password-protected, so only I and my wife for example can access it and not just every visitor or even children. Is that possible and if yes, how?

Thank you very much.

Kind greetings,
sYCO

RE: Two questions about XMBC/XBian - kraleksandr - 19th Apr, 2013 02:34 AM

1) try another tv or hdmi-cable
2) try system-profiles

RE: Two questions about XMBC/XBian - syco - 19th Apr, 2013 02:37 AM

Thank you for your reply.

1. I doubt the error lies in the TV, because otherwise I would have the problems on other players or channels, too. The cable is a brandnew one (just ordered for the Raspberry Pi) 1.4 with gold contacts, whatever that means, but I can test it with another cable, of course.

2. Can you be a bit more specific? Sorry, I am totally new to this subject.

RE: Two questions about XMBC/XBian - rikardo1979 - 19th Apr, 2013 04:01 AM

(19th Apr, 2013 02:29 AM)syco Wrote:  2. I have added two directories from my NAS (Movies and TV series). Now I would like to add a third one, but this directory should NOT be pushed to the "movies" section, but remain as an own category/division ... AND it should be somehow password-protected, so only I and my wife for example can access it and not just every visitor or even children. Is that possible and if yes, how?

please read Locking source

RE: Two questions about XMBC/XBian - rikardo1979 - 19th Apr, 2013 04:03 AM

(19th Apr, 2013 02:29 AM)syco Wrote:  1. When watching a movie (Les Miserables for example), I see the colours changing every 30 to 60 seconds. Once it has a red blur, then it is dark and later on bright green-brown. It looks really strange and I know, that can not be correct. Is there a fix for that?

more likely an cable issue, so try another cable if that fix the issue but it can be a wrong detected HDMI device(CEC) so report back and we may look for config later

RE: Two questions about XMBC/XBian - kraleksandr - 19th Apr, 2013 04:23 AM

(19th Apr, 2013 02:37 AM)syco Wrote:  2. Can you be a bit more specific? Sorry, I am totally new to this subject.
main menu - right,right... When System - down, right,right

RE: Two questions about XMBC/XBian - syco - 19th Apr, 2013 10:43 PM

First, I thank you a lot for your help up to now. About that:

1. Alright, I will go and buy another cable to check it out. Btw, that graphic glitches do not happen to be there all the time. It seems to affect high-res videos only (Les Miserables was 1080). I will look out for further 1080 files to compare.

2. Okay, that did not work at all. I changed the sources.xml to get the security lock done and after that the Raspberry freezes, whenever I press on that directory to enter it (with my Yatse app on my handset). So, I deleted the security lock stuff from sources.xml and tried it over the GUI (XBMC settings). There I could do the same (set up a security code per context menu). Well, configuring worked easy, BUT when trying to enter again that directory, it just hangs (as before). That means, there is not coming up a menu/question to enter numeric code I specified earlier.

Does anyone know, why both ways lead to a freeze? I mean I can not do anything after trying to enter that directory. Btw, after a restart and removing the security lock, the directory can be opened/visited normally. For some unknown reason the security lock stuff kills my system. :-\

Re: Two questions about XMBC/XBian - rikardo1979 - 19th Apr, 2013 10:56 PM

get us log file after the freeze
check my signature