Forum
eGalax touchscreen calibration - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: eGalax touchscreen calibration (/thread-832.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - brantje - 28th Aug, 2013 03:27 AM

(28th Aug, 2013 02:39 AM)Markamc Wrote:  
(28th Aug, 2013 12:46 AM)ph87 Wrote:  It's working for me... but should I still update your scripts? Are there some other improvements regarding speed or handling... whose can be important?

I made some changes to touchscreen.py, I have your mutlitouch.py config included in the new uimapper.tar.gz file so if you leave the conf file it should still work ok. I need to compare the two config files to see differences.

It might be laggy since its reading two events from the TS, maybe I can find a way to grab all events but not read, I will look into the 'grab' code?

Your TS is a much higher resolution to, maybe this makes a difference.

No speed improvements atm though, just bugs with resolution changes and calibration. Also been looking into PyPy for speed improvements, a little busy at work so I have less time atm.

I'll keep you posted...

mark
If you have github, then give me your username, then you can push the new uimapper =)
Or, i have to do it tomorrow @ work right now

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - Markamc - 28th Aug, 2013 05:25 AM

@brantje , user Markamc on github.....need to get into this really....please bear with me!

@ph87
You can get the new uimapper.tar.gz and extract and move etc from here atm
Terminal
wget --no-check -O uimapper.tar.gz "https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B4lrG9aRe-8Malg2VkM0YW1CT28"

sudo mkdir -p /scripts && tar -zxvf uimapper.tar.gz -C /scripts

I have just added a input-grab.py (input-read.py stripped-down) this can be used just to grab the other events from the device, it's a quick/dirty solution to see if it improves performance since there is no need to read the events.

Just change the last input-read.py statements in the uimapper.conf file to input-grab.py instead.

Hope it improves performance for you, cheers

mark

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - brantje - 28th Aug, 2013 11:07 AM

(28th Aug, 2013 05:25 AM)Markamc Wrote:  @brantje , user Markamc on github.....need to get into this really....please bear with me!

@ph87
Terminal
wget --no-check -O uimapper.tar.gz "https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B4lrG9aRe-8Malg2VkM0YW1CT28"

I have just added a input-grab.py (input-read.py stripped-down) this can be used just to grab the other events from the device, it's a quick/dirty solution to see if it improves performance since there is no need to read the events.

Just change the last input-read.py statements in the uimapper.conf file to input-grab.py instead.

Hope it improves performance for you, cheers

mark

Will send you a pm with instructions when I wake up ツ.

AW: RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - ph87 - 30th Aug, 2013 10:45 PM

(28th Aug, 2013 05:25 AM)Markamc Wrote:  @ph87
Terminal

I'm busy with other "projects" atm... will report the results as soon as I've tested it!

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - brantje - 8th Sep, 2013 11:33 PM

Finally had some spare time to update git.
Marc, will swype work?

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - Markamc - 9th Sep, 2013 04:08 AM

Thanks Brantje, didn't finish the swipe functionality was looking into it, I could detect the condition but have not managed to inject an event.

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - brantje - 10th Sep, 2013 09:51 PM

Will look into it, but for now, its not working with beta 2.

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - mk01 - 11th Sep, 2013 01:20 AM

why? what changed ?

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - Markamc - 11th Sep, 2013 10:28 AM

Great to see you here mk01, you must have sorted everything out everywhere else!!....unfortunately not for me! think I will stick to previous beta.

I now have instant touch-action, everything I touch gets action-ed immediately, previously, I could select and then action with a slightly longer press, controlled externally from a python program (also controlling the BTN_RIGHT and calibration) using uimapper. Now, I action everything with one touch , which makes it a problem.

This is a 'dirty' solution, unless a configurable driver including calibration can be provided for every TS, then I think a more 'open' solution would be preferable.

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - mk01 - 11th Sep, 2013 11:44 AM

which modules are loaded ? I can check in kernel source tree, whether some defaults didn't change suddenly ?

3.9.y kernel tree it was ?

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - Markamc - 11th Sep, 2013 06:11 PM

I am guessing this is a result of applying the new egalax patch from Andrei.

I believe the new patch solves the original 'single touch' (mousedrag) inside the xbmc code. I was forcing an extra event outside xbmc and controlling BTN_RIGHT/calibration.

Maybe others prefer it, but it means a 'touch press' now 'actions' a button immediately; it would be nice to include tiny a delay, to prevent accessing everything with a touch. For example, normal behavior on selecting the outermost item(left/right) would scroll the menu, now it accesses the item. Maybe Andrei could sort this??

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - Markamc - 13th Sep, 2013 07:30 AM

Actually, the system seems ok, you get used to the sensitivity after a while and as long as you keep TOUCH-contact you can navigate the menu ok. Everything else works as normal, on release of BETA1.2 I will remove the extra BTN_TOUCH event So, I'm happy, finally...must be my age!

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - mk01 - 15th Sep, 2013 09:57 AM

thanks for update.

in case of issues (and modification of kernel or modules would be needed) let us know.

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - brantje - 15th Sep, 2013 08:19 PM

(13th Sep, 2013 07:30 AM)Markamc Wrote:  Actually, the system seems ok, you get used to the sensitivity after a while and as long as you keep TOUCH-contact you can navigate the menu ok. Everything else works as normal, on release of BETA1.2 I will remove the extra BTN_TOUCH event So, I'm happy,
finally...must be my age!
How did you calibrate the touchscreen?
With install.sh or another way?

RE: eGalax touchscreen calibration - Markamc - 15th Sep, 2013 09:27 PM

I have just tested the calibration again, I use the 'sh ts_calib.sh' script I originally used and all is ok.