Forum
Xbian Review and Feedback - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Xbian Review and Feedback (/thread-852.html)

Xbian Review and Feedback - ph3d - 29th Apr, 2013 09:04 PM

Hi,

RasPi: Rev B 512Mb
Overclock settings: Xbian default and Turbo tested
Alpha 5 - Updated to latest version with Dual Audio Support (My main reason for testing)

Here is a list of issues I came across compared to being on Raspbmc where there is no issues that I have listed:

Plex plugin - Works ok if it is contacting a Windows Plex Server - Script Fails when attempting to contact a Linux Plex Server

Massive lag in home screen menu's experienced - tried to go to turbo overclocking but still did not make any change

Sync/Lag issues in TVCatchup Plugin and most other video plugins was experienced

Random reboots and crashes if I pressed a key too fast such as stop on a video then exit.

Random wireless drop outs reboot needed to reconnect - sometimes numerous reboots - zd1211-firmware / zydass 1211d usb dongle.

Sound possibly out by a few ms when using dual audio outputs - sounds like there is two tv's in the room almost synced but its enough to make it sound like there is a echo of some sort

Time it takes to draw the windows and then wait for the menu options to come available in xbian-config from programs menu is so slow! around 2 minutes before you can change any options!

I had to switch back to Raspbmc as the dual audio wasnt what I expected - I mean if the audio was perfect and what I wanted I could have possibly looked into these issues further but just dont have the time at the moment to keep the home family entertainment system down while testing and experiencing issues.

Things I liked - configuration screen was nice even though slow at coming up - pretty sure it came with fusion hub enabled and i loved the way the boot screen looked - sure there are many better things to come!

If there is any further feedback needed let me know - I am more than happy to look further into any issues - will just need to grab me a second sd card for playing with lol!

Keep up the good work!

Xbian Review and Feedback - Koenkk - 29th Apr, 2013 09:48 PM

The issues you are having are likely to be solved with beta 1

Re: Xbian Review and Feedback - BartOtten - 29th Apr, 2013 10:15 PM

Lag in the homescreen? At least that one is kinda weird as most people praise xbian for having that super fluid....sounds like something in the background (addon?) Eating CPU time

RE: Xbian Review and Feedback - mk01 - 29th Apr, 2013 10:22 PM

(29th Apr, 2013 10:15 PM)BartOtten Wrote:  Lag in the homescreen? At least that one is kinda weird as most people praise xbian for having that super fluid....sounds like something in the background (addon?) Eating CPU time

It can be caused by other things as well. I have RPI connected to Samsung plasma screen through Yamaha AV receiver. If I'm using the Samsung TV remote, it feels like controlled through layer of rubber in between. I would not call it a lag, but it's not as sharp and immediate as when I use the Yamaha's remote.

And it's not about the remote itself (although I hate the samsung remotes), but TV is reacting ok on the Samsung remote (I just want to say the feeling does not come from the remote itself).

Re: Xbian Review and Feedback - rikardo1979 - 30th Apr, 2013 12:05 AM

yes this can be caused by lags in CEC.the remote apps like Yatsee always reacts better than my Panasonic TV remote.it is cos the codes inject into HDMI

RE: Xbian Review and Feedback - mk01 - 30th Apr, 2013 12:11 AM

(30th Apr, 2013 12:05 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  yes this can be caused by lags in CEC.the remote apps like Yatsee always reacts better than my Panasonic TV remote.it is cos the codes inject into HDMI

with yamaha remote I meant again remote controller, so CEC HDMI control, but not via TV as translator, but the AVR.

Re: Xbian Review and Feedback - rikardo1979 - 30th Apr, 2013 12:37 AM

yes,it all depends on the device Wink

RE: Xbian Review and Feedback - ph3d - 1st May, 2013 03:37 AM

Just a quick bit more information

Yes I am using Samsung CEC enabled TV which could be causing those issues

Only plugins installed are 1channel, plex, sports devil and TV catchup

May try the newer version and see if its any different

Cheers guys