Forum
[SOLVED] endless Preparing ... and cannot play anything - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Uncategorized (/forum-59.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] endless Preparing ... and cannot play anything (/thread-859.html)

endless Preparing ... and cannot play anything - raspberry_pd - 2nd May, 2013 07:18 PM

Hi

Can anybody explain why XBian boots and has a constant state of "Preparing ..." almost indefinitely and I cannot play anything?

Even when the Preparing ... goes away I cannot play anything.

Please help!

pd

Re: endless Preparing ... and cannot play anything - rikardo1979 - 2nd May, 2013 07:20 PM

does ssh works? logs?

RE: endless Preparing ... and cannot play anything - raspberry_pd - 2nd May, 2013 07:29 PM

super fast reponse, thanks!

Yes SSH works fine, I can boot and reboot and so on. Didn't think of checking the logs, boy I must be flustered to have forgotten that!

Pretty much everything works - thumbnails, browsing the library, pretty much everything but accessing the NAS box where all my content is. However it doesn't seem to be a network issues as my Windows XP machine can access the same NAS box fine. OK, ... to the logs!

The main problem seems to be:

19:21:00 T:2934961216 NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate: Starting network check

then nothing happens. so I get several lines saying a folder/file on the NAS share doesn't exist, "skipping scan".

RE: endless Preparing ... and cannot play anything - rikardo1979 - 2nd May, 2013 07:45 PM

did you try remove the sources and rescan the library ? or just remove the source and add it again and skip the scan.than try to access the files and see if it does work

RE: endless Preparing ... and cannot play anything - raspberry_pd - 2nd May, 2013 07:48 PM

It's fixed! Thanks ricardo1979. Funny how someone just suggesting that I think in a different direction makes all the difference. It appears the problem was that my NAS has a hard-coded IP with out-dated/wrong DNS and Gateway IP addresses. Woohoo!

Thanks!

RE: endless Preparing ... and cannot play anything - rikardo1979 - 2nd May, 2013 07:50 PM

nice one Wink glad you have sorted it. now back to enjoyment Big Grin