Forum
TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Network (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized (/thread-866.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - mk01 - 5th Aug, 2013 02:27 PM

(5th Aug, 2013 07:01 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  Server is down, mk01 has HD issues. Try again later and hopefully he will have it back up.

NONO. the big data pool is ok mountable and with no error on checksums. the system which is providing the pool in not starting.

Re: RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - f1vefour - 5th Aug, 2013 10:24 PM

(5th Aug, 2013 02:27 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(5th Aug, 2013 07:01 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  Server is down, mk01 has HD issues. Try again later and hopefully he will have it back up.

NONO. the big data pool is ok mountable and with no error on checksums. the system which is providing the pool in not starting.

Misunderstood what you said, well that is much better.

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - Skywatch - 6th Aug, 2013 07:28 PM

Hi,

I saw this today and remembered this thread. Not sure if it will be of any help, but here you go....

http://blog.elevendroids.com/2012/12/precompiled-tp-link-wl-725n-driver-for-3-2-27-kernel/

skywatch

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - mk01 - 12th Aug, 2013 02:58 PM

(6th Aug, 2013 07:28 PM)Skywatch Wrote:  http://blog.elevendroids.com/2012/12/precompiled-tp-link-wl-725n-driver-for-3-2-27-kernel/\

3.2.x is a way too old.

but my repo is online again. so just download the packages.

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - bergfruehling - 1st Sep, 2013 10:05 PM

Thanks alot, mk01! I finally found the time to reinstall my rpi, and it works fine now.

I had to download xbian-package-splash, xbian-package-initramsfs-tools, xbian-package-kernel and btrfs-tools from your repo (http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/pool/main/). I installed them via "dpkg -i" and installed rng-tools via "apt-get install".

In the first place, I tried to install only xbian-package-kernel and then do a "apt-get -f install" as suggested above. However, apt-get then tries to remove many important packages. So DON'T do that, but install all nessecary packages by hand instead.

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - mk01 - 3rd Sep, 2013 09:09 AM

(1st Sep, 2013 10:05 PM)bergfruehling Wrote:  In the first place, I tried to install only xbian-package-kernel and then do a "apt-get -f install" as suggested above. However, apt-get then tries to remove many important packages. So DON'T do that, but install all nessecary packages by hand instead.

you did well with downloading the dependencies (all from test repo) and installing all with one "dpkg -i".

that's the only way to upgrade to those versions until beta2 is out. probably I missed that point in this thread, … Undecided

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - Manimal - 21st Sep, 2013 04:25 AM

Hi guys.

I bought a new dongle USB TL-WN725N and it doesnt work in RaspberryPi. I saw all the posts about it, how to fix etc, etc...
I got a lot of "Exec format error" because obviously the driver not match the kernel version.
Finally i found a correct driver (thx to kyle_l88).

My cenario is:
a) RaspberryPi B
b) version Beta 1.1 (3.9.8+ kernel)
c) XBMC v12.2 (frodo)
d) TL-WN725N v2.0 chipset 8188eu

What i did:
- Install the Beta version and configure Xbian (SSH) via ethernet cable (eth0)
- login via SSH
- download this DRIVER built for kernel 3.9.8+ who came with the Beta 1.1 (all the other drivers are for lower kernel versions)
- install the driver
- activate it
- configure Wi-Fi
- reboot
- after testing wi-fi, remove ethernet cable

and all works flawless... (better than i tought really...)

COMMANDS via SSH:
log as user XBIAN
=> wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41570534/8188eu.ko
=> sudo install -p -m 644 8188eu.ko /lib/modules/3.9.8+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
=> sudo depmod -a
=> sudo modprobe 8188eu
=> rm 8188eu.ko
=> xbian-config
=> sudo reboot

This command sequence i got from here (thx enekochan)

ATENTION - REALLY VERY IMPORTANT!!!
The above sequence and the driver is ONLY for the Beta 1.1 with kernel 3.9.8+

Thanks all users for the help from this forum (specially mk01 for his hard work) and sorry my bad english.

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - loilop - 5th Oct, 2013 09:37 PM

Finally it worked for me!
Thank you all, and specially kudos to: mk01 and Manimal

(21st Sep, 2013 04:25 AM)Manimal Wrote:  Hi guys.

I bought a new dongle USB TL-WN725N and it doesnt work in RaspberryPi. I saw all the posts about it, how to fix etc, etc...
I got a lot of "Exec format error" because obviously the driver not match the kernel version.
Finally i found a correct driver (thx to kyle_l88).

My cenario is:
a) RaspberryPi B
b) version Beta 1.1 (3.9.8+ kernel)
c) XBMC v12.2 (frodo)
d) TL-WN725N v2.0 chipset 8188eu

What i did:
- Install the Beta version and configure Xbian (SSH) via ethernet cable (eth0)
- login via SSH
- download this DRIVER built for kernel 3.9.8+ who came with the Beta 1.1 (all the other drivers are for lower kernel versions)
- install the driver
- activate it
- configure Wi-Fi
- reboot
- after testing wi-fi, remove ethernet cable

and all works flawless... (better than i tought really...)

COMMANDS via SSH:
log as user XBIAN
=> wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41570534/8188eu.ko
=> sudo install -p -m 644 8188eu.ko /lib/modules/3.9.8+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
=> sudo depmod -a
=> sudo modprobe 8188eu
=> rm 8188eu.ko
=> xbian-config
=> sudo reboot

This command sequence i got from here (thx enekochan)

ATENTION - REALLY VERY IMPORTANT!!!
The above sequence and the driver is ONLY for the Beta 1.1 with kernel 3.9.8+

Thanks all users for the help from this forum (specially mk01 for his hard work) and sorry my bad english.

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - Alellujah - 1st Dec, 2013 06:14 AM

Hello,

I bought this dongle yesterday and since then I am trying everything I come across to make this works but with no sucess..

It recognizes that the dongle but I can't bring him up (tried iwconfig up says there is no device, tried also changing it to the default interface with no sucess also), tried every single process in this thread and it just doesnt work!

I got the Beta 2 and the kernel version is 3.10.12+

Ah whenever i click on the scan for wifi it gives me this error "/usr/local/include/xbian-config/modules/network/functions: line 484: 100*: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "*")"

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Thank you in advance

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - mk01 - 1st Dec, 2013 09:36 AM

@Alellujah

a firmware missing probably?

what is your "dmesg" output saying about wlan0 adapter?

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - Clax84 - 14th Dec, 2013 05:49 AM

(1st Dec, 2013 09:36 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @Alellujah

a firmware missing probably?

what is your "dmesg" output saying about wlan0 adapter?

Hi,
I've the same problem, with the same message error.
I'm on xbian 1.0beta2, all packages updated.
I can't make the wifi dongle to work, so how can i help you to fix this?
Also i'm completely noob on linux, so be gentle please Wink

Thanks in advance
Claudio

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - mk01 - 14th Dec, 2013 08:53 AM

@Clax84

as I said, you have to install firmware. for this wifi it is rtl8188efw.bin

it should be part of firmware-realtek package

try in ssh session

Code:
sudo -i
apt-get install firmware-realtek

it is not part of the package. in between I found it and put into XBian kernel package. it will be in next release of kernel.

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - jjc - 19th Dec, 2013 05:27 AM

Hi,

so it will work in the Beta 2.1? Do you have any estimated time when it will be released?

Cheers

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - bcre3306 - 20th Dec, 2013 08:14 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know my expiernce with this and how I got it to work. It mostly worked out of the box except for using the menu driven expiernce. Upon logging in I tried the menu to do a scan and it crashed as stated above. After doing this I did a sudo ifconfig and noticed it's showing wlan0 so I knew it found the dongle. I then just modified the /etc/network/interfaces file to include my wireless information and rebooted. This is where it got a little weird, it then gave me an IP address on the wireless card(good) but then I noticed it was also giving my eth0 an IP address even though no cable was plugged in, to further the weirdness I was getting some odd IP's in the /etc/resolv.conf so I couldnt get out to the internet. I ended up fixing this by just bringing down eth0 in the interfaces file and rebooting and then it worked like a champ. Hope this helps some people.[/align]

RE: TP-Link TL-WN725N not recognized - victmo - 21st Dec, 2013 04:21 AM

Scanning for wireless networks is broken. In my case setting up the connection manually (SSID and WPA/WEP password) did the trick.

I did this via console (ssh, sudo xbian-config), but I suppose it'll work using the XBMC » Settings » XBian » System graphic interface as well.

Hope this helps you work around the issue while the network scanner gets fix.

Cheers