Great ! - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Great ! (/thread-869.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Great ! - mk01 - 16th Mar, 2014 11:24 AM

@NitSuA

thanks for that. specially because I think exactly the same - so we are two currently. Smile)

without jokes - I'm specially glad that the "consolidated" approach to the system as whole was that way clearly seen/understood - as it was our target.

and there is very much still to come.

what we really lacks is documentation, even simple feature list. as the system design allows EASY life to the user - completely different to what the user is used from past. from many I will just pick one: atomic freeze, fork & rollback of system state -> down to bit exact data on filesystem.

we are (and users are) still spending so much time doing reflashs, trying and sometimes failing to update / install / change configuration or applications. but this is simply old "concept" working with the system.

my dream is to change the way how user sees the system itself. because system (even linux) doesn't need to be with black terminal windows, doesn't need to be complicated, doesn't need to require technical knowledge and last but not least - with any user requirement the question doesn't stand like IF it is possible. only let's do it. Wink