Forum
Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread (/thread-873.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - Handaloo - 8th May, 2013 04:48 AM

Admitedly my wife was waiting to watch some TV shows so I was under pressure Big Grin

I'll try again and paste the log file when I get the chance Big Grin

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - Skywatch - 8th May, 2013 06:58 PM

Has anything changed with the mouse on this one? My mouse is jumping about everytime I try and move it! It was stable under the last version.

What version of the firmware should I be using for this update?

Thanks

Skywatch

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - numanoids - 9th May, 2013 03:27 AM

I've backed my installation back to 2.1 - if I get a chance I'll try to find a spare SD and test 2.2 further. Problem was seeking within files wasn't working. it would just hang. Logfile didn't show anything except the attempt at buffering but what I did see is a very regular polling of all /dev/input devices.

I know its not useful at this point to not be able to provide the data but got a family wanting to watch some stuff.

Re: RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - rikardo1979 - 9th May, 2013 03:40 AM

(9th May, 2013 03:27 AM)numanoids Wrote:  I've backed my installation back to 2.1 - if I get a chance I'll try to find a spare SD and test 2.2 further. Problem was seeking within files wasn't working. it would just hang. Logfile didn't show anything except the attempt at buffering but what I did see is a very regular polling of all /dev/input devices.

I know its not useful at this point to not be able to provide the data but got a family wanting to watch some stuff.

do you use dual audio out in any chance?
I mean under your System>Settings>System>Audio out do you have All ?
If you do try to set either HDMI or Analog instead depends from your needs and try again

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - SorbitolO - 9th May, 2013 07:16 AM

I also have a problem with a black screen after turning the TV on and off. I put my xbmc.log on pastebin, looks like there's a problem with CEC? Any idea what I could do about it? Thanks!

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - goebish - 9th May, 2013 07:20 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one Wink

Re: RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - rikardo1979 - 9th May, 2013 07:58 AM

(9th May, 2013 07:20 AM)goebish Wrote:  Glad to see I'm not the only one Wink

Whats yours CEC adaptor settings(under System/Peripherals)?
also did you try to SSH and than configure CEC by running
Terminal
cec-config

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - SorbitolO - 9th May, 2013 02:46 PM

Running cec-config gives me a bunch of errors. I moved the xml generated by the wizard to XBMC's userdata folder, will see if anything changes. Edit: Nope, same black screen after turning off the TV.

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - Killerbee - 9th May, 2013 09:27 PM

Hello guys

I just upgraded my system to version 12.2 and I noticed that the menu font size patch was not included.
CPU was 100% all the time. After the menu font size patch CPU was back to normal (+/-30%)

@Koenkk
Could you please update package 12.2 with the patch?

BR
More about the patch see this issue https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/297

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - Freddie299 - 10th May, 2013 02:21 AM

Hello everyone,

Im not sure whether this is the correct place for my issue. Feel free to direct me to the right one, if necessary. Wink

So I am using XBian 1.0a5 on my Pi, the model that was shipped in the first charges, and everything used to work very well (aside from some freezes every now and then, but nothing serious)
But when I updated to 12.2 yesterday, my mouse started to show a strange behaviour. The pointer jumps, several times per second, to a different spot, which seems to be fixed to the "original" position. So actually I have to parallel mouse pointers on the screen and If I click I kind of have to guess which one is "active" at that certain moment. (I can "use" "both" pointers)

This problem occurs with my Logitech Mouse as well as with a noname one. Both are usb, It makes no difference if I plug them directly or via a hub... Power is not the issue, since the hub has power by itself.

Can anyone give me a hint what to do? I am fine with editing config files and stuff, If given a howto, but not *that* experienced in administrating a Debian.

thanks in advance and best regards,

Freddie

edit: Seems to be the same issue that "Skywatch" reported before.

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - Koenkk - 10th May, 2013 02:28 AM

@Freddie299, can you open an issue about this here? https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues?state=open . Then I can look further into this

@Killerbee will do, keep an eye on our xbmc-nightly git repo. Our compile system will add it automatically there

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - Skywatch - 10th May, 2013 03:25 AM

(10th May, 2013 02:21 AM)Freddie299 Wrote:  edit: Seems to be the same issue that "Skywatch" reported before.

Yes Freddie, that is the same issue I have.

See my profile page on this site for my set up.

I have done the update 4 times now with 2 different SD cards and each time it's the same. Go back to 12.1 and all is well. I even tried the 'apt-get update clean' as posted on here with no luck.

Perhaps you can let me know if you get a fix?

Thanks

Skywatch

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - JayBlanc - 10th May, 2013 11:27 PM

cmyth binary add-on is still broken, are any of the other PVR add-ons working with 12.2? Because of the old version of libc being used by xbian, hard to know if this is a bug in libc, malcompiled PVR add-ons, or an upstream bug. Still going to recommend roll back of this update.

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - Koenkk - 10th May, 2013 11:37 PM

We will investigate the pvr addon issues and if there is one it will be fixed with the XBian Beta 1 update

RE: Official XBMC 12.2 Thread - SorbitolO - 11th May, 2013 07:18 AM

Any chance for an Xbian release with FFmpeg 1.2? There's a bug in the current version that causes issues with streaming. Flyingrat at the XBMC forums has been working on a version bump: link There are updated FFmpeg binaries for raspbmc and OpenElec, but unfortunately none for my favourite distro. Wink