Forum
[SOLVED] XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] XBMC Scraping and subtitles. (/thread-899.html)

XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - Dynasti - 14th May, 2013 10:23 PM

Hi. I recently received my Raspberri Pi.

I've installed xbian on it and just LOVING it!

I just have a couple of questions regarding scraping my TV shows and movies.

I have 206 movies in my SMB share, and it only scrapes 195 of them. Is there any way to add them manually to my scraped list? Same with TV shows, I have a couple of manga series that my GF watches but they certainly wont get scraped ofc.

It quickly becomes to advanced for my girlfriend to have to go to the files and find the TV shows instead of just clicking the huge TV shows button, if you understand. Smile

Next question: I've tried the XBMC automatic subtitle downloader.
I've done everything as told, but when I watch a movie, go to subtitles, I pick the subtitle that it at the top, but nothing happens. Neither of the subtitles thats on the downloaded subtitles work. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I've tried other subtitles source like subscene.com instead of opensubtitles. Nothing worked :/

Xbian 1.0 alpha 5

The local .srt subtitles work np, btw.

Thanks in advance!

RE: XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - rikardo1979 - 15th May, 2013 03:38 AM

so you saying that you using the XBMC Subtitles add-on and you search for subtitles within. Than you select one you like from search list and it won't download it?
Just to confirm I understand it right Wink

RE: XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - Davem - 15th May, 2013 04:43 AM

Are you sure XBMC is having write permissions on your SMB share. This is required because XBMC is downloading the .srt file to the same location as the video file.

The write permissions can be set for the share in Windows, see also this guide

RE: XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - Dynasti - 15th May, 2013 06:58 AM

(15th May, 2013 04:43 AM)Davem Wrote:  Are you sure XBMC is having write permissions on your SMB share. This is required because XBMC is downloading the .srt file to the same location as the video file.

The write permissions can be set for the share in Windows, see also this guide

Yes!! Thanks alot!! I had no idea it needed Write permissions. I thought it saves a temporary subtitle in the SD card.

Any idea on the second question? I'd like to manually scrape few Movies / series..

THanks in advance!

RE: XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - rikardo1979 - 15th May, 2013 07:58 AM

to add the files manually into database you would need a specific software. I have red a while ago about those softs but to be honest I cant remember where or what exact they called. I was never interested to much into is as I never had any problem with any file scanned into library. The reason is cos I have all the Movies or TV Shows in separate folders and properly named (99% EN names).

So if I find some more info I will update it here or maybe somebody else have this handy? I know so many people using this kind of media info softs Wink

RE: XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - Davem - 15th May, 2013 08:21 AM

You could check out these Library Media managers:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Supplemental_tools/Windows#Library_managers

For Windows the Ember media manager or Media Companion are good choices.

RE: XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - rikardo1979 - 15th May, 2013 08:22 AM

and handy article
http://lifehacker.com/5505849/how-to-whip-your-movie-and-tv-show-art-into-shape-for-xbmc-and-boxee

RE: XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - bacobart - 15th May, 2013 04:39 PM

(15th May, 2013 06:58 AM)Dynasti Wrote:  Yes!! Thanks alot!! I had no idea it needed Write permissions. I thought it saves a temporary subtitle in the SD card.

You can configure the subtitle plugin to download to a specific directory on your sd card instead of to the share of the movie/show if you prefer that.

RE: XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - Dynasti - 15th May, 2013 06:54 PM

(15th May, 2013 04:39 PM)bacobart Wrote:  
(15th May, 2013 06:58 AM)Dynasti Wrote:  Yes!! Thanks alot!! I had no idea it needed Write permissions. I thought it saves a temporary subtitle in the SD card.

You can configure the subtitle plugin to download to a specific directory on your sd card instead of to the share of the movie/show if you prefer that.

I don't mind saving the subtitles in the video folder, I actually prefer it that way. Thanks anyway. Smile

Anyways, thanks alot guys! I will look into the library stuff when I get home today.

Hugs and kisses from me Wink

RE: XBMC Scraping and subtitles. - Dynasti - 16th May, 2013 04:21 PM

It turns out that, it in the end takes WAY to much effort to get the library system to work properly. The library was the thing that made me go for xbmc.

I used a couple of hours yesterday trying to use a 3rd party scraper yesterday, but neither of the scrapers worked like it was supposed to do.
Anyways, if I have to use a 3rd party scraper on all the new movies I download, it's going to be alot of work, so I decided to not use the library at all, just use the file browser.

I guess xbmc is still the best choice. I love the subtitle system.