Forum
xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot (/thread-909.html)

xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - fanch - 18th May, 2013 07:30 PM

Hi everybody and congratulations for this great work.

Everything works fine with the stock distribution alpha 05, but i have added componants and problems have begun.Big Grin

First by adding lxde' i have lost reboot and poweroff buttons in xbmc.

Then by adding gthumb or eye of gnome, i have boot screen stucked at loading page. By changing the bootcommandline file, i could see that in fact now it s always a login window that appears instead of launching xbmc and i can't exit from this window. I can only choose lxde or openbox options.

I think it is a problem with gnome and the boot sequence but as a total Linux neebie, i m lost ...

Thanks for your help.

Fanch

Ps: sorry for my english

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - belese - 18th May, 2013 07:44 PM

Thinks theses programs need x window, so you can't use in a easy way with xbian. Some have managed to install x window, think there are post on forum.

Re: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - rikardo1979 - 18th May, 2013 07:49 PM

dont take me wrong and I dont really want to post in offence way.
But if you modifying the system and adding stuff what we do not support by default you should really know what you doing.
You cant really expect us to give a support for every modification what people do.

I do not saying that we or someone else here will not help,just be aware that it is not priority and it should not be considered as an XBian's issue or bug.
-thx-

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - fanch - 18th May, 2013 08:43 PM

No offense' i totally understand your point of view.

By thé way, do you know an image viewer xbian compliant ? And with which i can publish pictures to picasa web ?

Thanks

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - belese - 18th May, 2013 09:05 PM

in xbmc, you can view image , and there's an an addon for picassa, but don't know if you can add photo with it.

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - fanch - 18th May, 2013 09:39 PM

Unfortunately not... i can find another xbmc addon named picasadesktop but it is not in the xbmc repo and when i try to install it from zip file, there is an error message about bad dependancies .

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - belese - 18th May, 2013 09:42 PM

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Picasa
i was using it before, but not now, but should work.

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - fanch - 18th May, 2013 10:23 PM

Thanks, i Will try again but i think tis addon just allows browsing of picasa albums and not upload.

By the way thanks for your help.

Fanch

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - belese - 18th May, 2013 11:00 PM

Maybe this,
but i'vent try it :
http://gdatafs.sourceforge.net/
seems it have write access to picassa.

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - fanch - 19th May, 2013 02:16 AM

(18th May, 2013 11:00 PM)belese Wrote:  Maybe this,
but i'vent try it :
http://gdatafs.sourceforge.net/
seems it have write access to picassa.

Seems pretty interesting but is there a graphical file explorer xbian compliant ?

I struggle to understand how to add a graphical desktop that works in xbian. I just want to use a web browser (chromium) and a file explorer.

Is it possible without lxde ?

Fanch

Re: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - rikardo1979 - 19th May, 2013 02:21 AM

nope. you trying to go a wrong way Im afraid.
XBian or OE or Raspbmc are distros designed to run just an XBMC only.These are fine tuned to do this.
So if you looking for a kind of desktop environment than this is not a way for you and you should look for OS like raspbian etc.

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - fanch - 19th May, 2013 03:06 AM

Ah ok, my bad. I thought the main difference between Openelec and xbian/ raspbmc was that the last 2 were more classical distros in which we could add modules.

Ok, i will go for raspbian on another SD card.

thanks a lot for insight.

Fanch

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - mk01 - 19th May, 2013 04:27 AM

(19th May, 2013 03:06 AM)fanch Wrote:  Ah ok, my bad. I thought the main difference between Openelec and xbian/ raspbmc was that the last 2 were more classical distros in which we could add modules.

lxde works fine.

RE: xbmc - image viewer conflict - stucked at boot - fanch - 19th May, 2013 05:26 AM

And your Reboot/Poweroff button is still present in xbmc ?

In this case, would you explain how you install/configure lxde please ?