Forum
[PROBLEM] 3D not working for all files - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] 3D not working for all files (/thread-922.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 3D not working for all files - belese - 22nd May, 2013 10:13 PM

(22nd May, 2013 10:04 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(22nd May, 2013 09:55 PM)belese Wrote:  Sinon, il y a qd même eu quelques patch pour openelec et la 3d,
il y a les patchs ici :
https://github.com/jaaps/xbmc/compare/master...3d

and in english please ?

Sorry,Rolleyes
there'sz some pacth for 3d that have be merge in openelec.
Maybe that's the difference.

RE: 3D not working for all files - mk01 - 22nd May, 2013 10:22 PM

i have 3d equip, but to switch the tv to 3d takes one button to press and tv adjusts automatically, so never was testing such "useful" function.

I would be happy for function of XBMC to play 3d -> 2d, in case I sit behind non 3d tv. this is something with real value Wink

Re: RE: 3D not working for all files - rikardo1979 - 23rd May, 2013 12:04 AM

(22nd May, 2013 10:22 PM)mk01 Wrote:  i have 3d equip, but to switch the tv to 3d takes one button to press and tv adjusts automatically, so never was testing such "useful" function.

I would be happy for function of XBMC to play 3d -> 2d, in case I sit behind non 3d tv. this is something with real value Wink

so if im right with my finding than when you rename the file so xbmc will not detect is as 3D than it should play just one part of picture on full screen Wink

RE: 3D not working for all files - numanoids - 25th May, 2013 12:05 AM

(22nd May, 2013 09:02 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I think that I have found it Wink but you have to test as I cant
but now the video is not full screen but I have two pictures side by side

Fix sounds a bit strange and it is weird but it seems to work. So when you have a chance test it please and report back so we can look more into it

fix

as you have your file like your_file_3DSBS.mkv just rename it to your_file_3dsbs.mkv

Looks that we do not like the capital letters Smile

Let me know if this works so we can look why it is works only with lower case text Wink

I'm not at home just now but wil check when I get back.

Thanks

RE: 3D not working for all files - ws6an - 25th May, 2013 03:52 AM

(22nd May, 2013 09:02 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I think that I have found it Wink but you have to test as I cant
but now the video is not full screen but I have two pictures side by side

Fix sounds a bit strange and it is weird but it seems to work. So when you have a chance test it please and report back so we can look more into it

fix

as you have your file like your_file_3DSBS.mkv just rename it to your_file_3dsbs.mkv

Looks that we do not like the capital letters Smile

Let me know if this works so we can look why it is works only with lower case text Wink

I can confirm that changing to 3DSBS or HSBS to lower case does have an effect and you get side by side instead of left hand side only. I'd really like to know if there Is anyway to make the TV automatically switch to 3d mode though? Other flavours of XBMC (e.g. Openlec) seem to support this but doesn't appear to work in Xbian?

3D not working for all files - Koenkk - 25th May, 2013 05:59 AM

I'm looking into it atm

RE: 3D not working for all files - ws6an - 26th May, 2013 09:38 PM

(25th May, 2013 05:59 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  I'm looking into it atm

Many Thanks Big Grin

RE: 3D not working for all files - rikardo1979 - 28th May, 2013 05:45 AM

@numanoids and ? any news ?

RE: 3D not working for all files - numanoids - 28th May, 2013 06:23 AM

No news really since my situation hasn't changed any since my report.

Having 3DSBS in the filename does not trigger automatic 3D mode on my TV. Renaming to lower case 3dsbs or hsbs is just the same as removing 3dsbs or hsbs from the filename altogether so the file is played with side-by-side so its not really a fix, just a workaround.

RE: 3D not working for all files - mk01 - 2nd Jun, 2013 07:49 AM

(28th May, 2013 06:23 AM)numanoids Wrote:  Having 3DSBS in the filename does not trigger automatic 3D mode on my TV. Renaming to lower case 3dsbs or hsbs is just the same as removing 3dsbs or hsbs from the filename altogether so the file is played with side-by-side so its not really a fix, just a workaround.

ok, you at least confirmed the actual code in XBMC, which is checking for UPPER characters, not lower. after Ricardo's message I spent more than 3 hours looking for a bug how can XBMC by comparing UPPER chars recognize LOWER chars instead. Wink)

RE: 3D not working for all files - JCsoldier - 13th Jun, 2013 08:12 AM

Any update on this issue, I have the same problem. My file types if that matters are mp4's. I can manually switch the TV to 3D mode side by side, and 3D playback is fine. My files have either 3DSBS or HSBS in the file name.

RE: 3D not working for all files - mozar - 17th Jun, 2013 06:58 AM

I have a bit of problems with 3D movies. When I manually set resolution to 960x1080p my TV recognizes that the picture is 3d. And after that when i try to play HSBS movie it will show two pictures side by side, but only trough left eye. Right eye is blanked out completely.

After I noticed this behavior, I tried changing file name to lower case letters. Well, it didn't get any better. Now its like watching 2D - 3D conversion but only with both sbs-pictures on screen.

So my problem is that the sbs-pictures are not overlapping. And no I can't change it manually from my tv remote. For what ever reason it seems to be impossible to select manually the used 3d mode in xbian when file is played. If I change resolution back to 1920x1080p then selecting different 3d mode works in GUI, but not while playing a file.

-edit-
I played out a bit with tvservice -e. When I set manually to 3D SBS mode 16 when 3d file is playing it will work. But without gui or subtitles. The odd thing is when resolution 960x1080p is used for GUI, it uses the same 3D SBS mode 16 but it just won't work.

tvservice -s shows:
state 0x12001a [HDMI CEA (16) 3D SbS RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, progressive

So this mode works when GUI resolution is set to 1920x1080p but will not work when GUI resolution is set to 960x1080p.

I also found out how to make 3D mode selection working again in my tv. If I set option: "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" to off it will work. It seems that refresh rate needs to be 50Hz or 60Hz for selection menu to work (and non 3D mode enabled).

RE: 3D not working for all files - numanoids - 1st Sep, 2013 08:21 PM

Ok i know its been a couple of months but I'm still not getting XBian switching correctly when 3D files are presented even after upgrading to Beta 1.1

Do I need to file new reports about this? Clearly its not just me as others have reported the same thing.

RE: 3D not working for all files - rfmoz - 7th Apr, 2014 01:37 PM

I had this problem and found a workaround. This may give programmers a clue on where to look as well.

If you have a file named 3DHSBS or HSBS and it does not display correctly, while the file is playing, pause the video and in the video setting option change the De-interlace option. It is the first option. Does not matter what you set it, it appears the act of changing it forces XBMC to recognise the HSBS file. No idea why this works but it does work on videos that have side by side images and will only display the one image.

Xbian 1.0Beta2
Sony 55" KLV Series Bravia