Forum
Back up Navi X Favs - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+---- Forum: Addons (/forum-19.html)
+---- Thread: Back up Navi X Favs (/thread-928.html)

Pages: 1 2

Back up Navi X Favs - tye_beach - 24th May, 2013 08:29 AM

Does anyone know how to back up Navi X Favorites? I would like to do a fresh install of Xbian, but I don't want to re do all of my Navi X favorites...

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - tye_beach - 29th May, 2013 03:59 AM

Is there anyone out there that knows how to do this?

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - rikardo1979 - 29th May, 2013 04:12 AM

well, I just type your question into the old friend google and this came out as first link
http://www.howtogeek.com/112200/how-to-supercharge-your-media-center-streaming-experience-with-navi-x/

You should try it too sometimes , it really does work Wink

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - tye_beach - 29th May, 2013 04:20 AM

I didn't need a smart elic, but fyi, I tried google already as well as that same link you provided. I created an account and tried to back up my favorites and what do you know nothing happend. The only reason I would waste my time on a forum is if google is not helping. Also why are you on a forum telling people to use google, it defeats the purpose of a forum.

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - rikardo1979 - 29th May, 2013 04:26 AM

(29th May, 2013 04:20 AM)tye_beach Wrote:  I didn't need a smart elic, but fyi, I tried google already as well as that same link you provided. I created an account and tried to back up my favorites and what do you know nothing happend. The only reason I would waste my time on a forum is if google is not helping. Also why are you on a forum telling people to use google, it defeats the purpose of a forum.

well I just tried to help Wink so here you have another google search link than
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/general-navi-x-discussion/7386-navi-x-updated-3-7-7-a.html#post66244

Anything else I could do for you ?
Cool
Dont go mad for no reason m8 Wink its not good for anyone

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - tye_beach - 29th May, 2013 05:14 AM

OK let me help you out a little bit instead of thinking you can infer. I am running xbian on a rpi (hence why I am on an xbian forum). The links you have provided are things I have already tried...for one I have tried to login and sync and I get absolutely no results. The 2nd link you provided would be a help except the xbian file structure is not the same as the one in the link (maybe they use openelec or something idk) if I could get to the favorites.plx file then I could back it up, however I can't. If I could send you a screen shot you would see what I mean. My sd card doesn't have the same structure as the link basically.

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - rikardo1979 - 29th May, 2013 05:17 AM

/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/script.navi-x/favorites.plx Wink

highlighted part is exact same so with this you should be able to do what you need to do
Cool

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - tye_beach - 29th May, 2013 05:42 AM

what I find weird is that I have no folders at all just files (here they are as they appear in order at the root of the sd card) ...Note that "initramfs" is a .rar file and "kernel" is an
.img file

.firmware_revision
bootcode
cmdline
config
COPYING.linux
fixup.dat
initramfs
kernel
LICENCE.broadcom
README.md
start.elf

I am running XBian 1.0 Alpha 5

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - rikardo1979 - 29th May, 2013 05:49 AM

how do you access your SD card?
if you plug it into Windows machine you will not be able to see any of those.
The part you mentioned is just a small FAT partition, thats the only visible from Windows.
To be able to see the needed part you have more options - Live Linux Boot CD, SSH, WInSCP, etc

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - tye_beach - 29th May, 2013 05:58 AM

Thanks I didn't even think about the partition being hidden from Windows!

OK I have booted into a Live Ubuntu disk and I went to home>xbian> and the folder is empty...any ideas?

I have tried searching the whole partition for "navi-x", ".plx", and "favorites" and I get no results...

Re: Back up Navi X Favs - rikardo1979 - 29th May, 2013 06:35 AM

.xbmc/ means is hidden Wink

Re: Back up Navi X Favs - rikardo1979 - 29th May, 2013 06:38 AM

use the WinSCP software under Windows, I guess it would be easier for you. It looks and work similar to Total Commander Wink
Google search for it

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - tye_beach - 29th May, 2013 06:41 AM

Thank you for all of your help!

I just hit Ctrl+H and was able to see the files...thanks again!

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - tye_beach - 29th May, 2013 08:28 AM

I didn't realize that backing up and reloading a folder would be so difficult. I do not have proper permission to reload my favorites folder back onto the sd card. I have tried a few different ways to change permissions, but can't seem to get it to work. Is there an easier way to do this or would it be easier to ssh in. If it is easier to ssh in, where do I navigate so that I can insert the saved favorites back into Navi X?

RE: Back up Navi X Favs - tye_beach - 29th May, 2013 09:30 AM

OK I was able to get root access to the sd card and I moved my .plx files into the New Navi-X Favorites folder, but when I load the sd card back into the rpi and open Navi-X my favorites aren't there...any suggestions?