Forum
[PROBLEM] Updates not working - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Updates not working (/thread-948.html)

Updates not working - syco - 31st May, 2013 07:46 AM

I realised some time ago and again today, that updates will not work on my Xbian installation.

That is the error code, when I try to update:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

Before the update I rebooted the Pi.

I have totally no clue, what is going on. I have a very fresh installation of Xbian (one month or so) with absolutely no changes/alteration of the system. I even did not install plugins, as far as I know.

Anybody knows how to solve this?

Okay, after another reboot I tried this, which worked:

sudo su
password entry
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

My question is, why does not work the official way (you know, the blue interface with putty)?

"The packages versions you are trying to install could not be found" appears, when trying to update over the Xbian interface in putty.

Updates not working - Koenkk - 31st May, 2013 08:10 AM

The process is locked because another process (probably xbian config xbmc is checking for updates). It is known that this can be a bit buggy sometimes. We are working on it.

RE: Updates not working - syco - 31st May, 2013 08:29 AM

Yeah, thanks, I realised that, when it was working after another restart, see my writing above.

But why is there still an error in the interface regarding the updates? See: "The packages versions you are trying to install could not be found" appears, when trying to update over the Xbian interface in putty.

I am on Xbian 0.5a, which is the most current version, I think.

I mean 1.0 Alpha 5, I guess.

Updates not working - Koenkk - 31st May, 2013 11:46 PM

Thats because of a bug

RE: Updates not working - syco - 1st Jun, 2013 03:29 AM

Ah, alright, thank you. Can I fix it somehow or do we have to wait for an official fix?

Updates not working - Koenkk - 1st Jun, 2013 06:33 AM

If you have enough knowledge to fix it feel free to contribute. However there is no official fix now