Forum
nzbToMedia - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: nzbToMedia (/thread-951.html)

nzbToMedia - rbellamy - 3rd Jun, 2013 05:54 AM

I'm interested if anyone has successfully integrated Clinton Hall's nzbToMedia scripts with xbian's implementations of CouchPotato, Sick Beard, NZBGet and Transmission?

If so, I'd love the recipe - if not, I'd love someone to collaborate with.

RE: nzbToMedia - Davem - 3rd Jun, 2013 06:09 AM

I'm using it for post processing my series. I use the Transmission (from the xbian package). But with a custom fork of Sickbeard (because I wanted extra torrent support). Within this combination it works perfect.

Sickbeard gets the show and passes it on to transmission. After the download the nzbToMedia scripts runs and the serie is placed in my serie season folder, on the external connected HDD. Then the XBMC library gets updated automatically.

This wiki was really helpful for me.
https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia/wiki/transmission

Except for step.
iii. Use this to set which categories/labels/subfolders to expect in the download directory
categories = music,music_videos,pictures,software

I've changed this to:
categories = series

Then it's important to set the transmission download directory also to series (because nzbToMedia gets the category from the file-structure):
../series/

RE: nzbToMedia - rbellamy - 3rd Jun, 2013 06:52 AM

@Davem - thanks!

(3rd Jun, 2013 06:09 AM)Davem Wrote:  Then it's important to set the transmission download directory also to series (because nzbToMedia gets the category from the file-structure):
../series/

I'm assuming you're using Transmission with only Sickbeard? The reason I'm asking is that it appears that CouchPotato-sourced Transmission torrents just download directly into ~/torrents (xbian default), and there's only one "directory" to configure for Transmission that I can find ~/downloads (xbian default)

Would you be willing to share your conf files (suitably redacted, of course)?

RE: nzbToMedia - Davem - 4th Jun, 2013 05:50 AM

The settings I use to automatic download my series using torrents.

Sickbeard -> Transmission -> nzbToMedia -> Sickbeard -> xbmc setup
Download to external connected HDD (ext.4) mounted on /media/usb/
I use the same symbolic links (torrents, incomplete) as from the download package start post

Sickbeard settings
I use the branch from schumi2004 because of good torrent support (bases on mr_orange branch) and the failed download (based on Tolstyak branch).

Add Existing show in SB to dir: /media/usb/series/XXX/
Set search settings – torrent method to: Transmission. Set the transmission download dir to: /home/xbian/torrents/series/
(you could also use here the black hole method and download to the watch dir of transmission, but this is not required)
Renaming is set off in SB,
Notification is on for: update XBMC library.

Transmission
/usr/local/etc/transmission/settings.json
Code:
{
    "download-dir": "/home/xbian/torrents", #DOESN'T MATTER, SB SENDS THIS ONE
    "incomplete-dir": "/home/xbian/incomplete",
    "incomplete-dir-enabled": true,
    "script-torrent-done-enabled": true,
    "script-torrent-done-filename": "/home/xbian/apps/nzbToMedia/TorrentToMedia.py",
    "watch-dir": "/home/xbian/torrents/series", #DOESN'T MATTER, SB SENDS DIRECT
    "watch-dir-enabled": true
}

nzbToMedia
/home/xbian/apps/nzbToMedia/autoProcessMedia.cfg
Code:
[SickBeard]
sbCategory = series  
host = localhost
port = FILL IN
username = FILL IN
password = FILL IN
web_root =
ssl = 0
watch_dir =
failed_fork = 1   #BE AWARE REQUIRED BECAUSE I USE SB FAILED FORK  
delete_failed = 0

[Torrent]
clientAgent = transmission
useLink = hard
minSampleSize = 200
outputDirectory = /home/xbian/torrents/torrent-complete/
categories = series  #OPTIONAL ADD ',MOVIES' FOR COUCH POTATO USE
deleteOriginal = 0

The only thing is after a completed download and post process. The file also still remains in the transmission download folder (there is a script which could fix this, but I use the android app: remote transmission)

After these settings: your series will be downloaded automatic and if you sit down your tv serie is waiting for you in your xmbc library.

I’ve also disabled the programs as service and start/stop the services by the android app: scriptkitty you have the control when it runs and safe CPU. For seeing the progress in SB I use the android app: nzb unity.

Good luck.