Forum
Xbian - SW Corruption issues - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Xbian - SW Corruption issues (/thread-957.html)

Pages: 1 2

Re: RE: Xbian - SW Corruption issues - rikardo1979 - 10th Jun, 2013 01:09 AM

(10th Jun, 2013 12:56 AM)Fred Wrote:  Never tried another PSU, maybe I should do that. I bought a PSU that was recommended at rsonline (where I also bought the RPi), so never thought that could be the problem.

again,I do not saying it is the problem, but it is worth to trying if you have a chance Wink

RE: Xbian - SW Corruption issues - Fred - 10th Jun, 2013 01:11 AM

I will run into a wall head first if that turns out to be the problem Big Grin.

Just tried the adapter from my tablet (2A) and didn't have to run into a wall.

RE: Xbian - SW Corruption issues - Amean1 - 10th Jun, 2013 01:31 AM

Thank you Fred.

I checked xbian wiki site, and for Kingston card it only shows a single card SDHC Card - Class 10 16GB (SD10G2 / 16GB), however on RPi wiki site they list many Kingston cards, including Kingston microSDHC - 8GB class 4 SDC4/8GB which is what I have been using and apparently is having issues with full speed settings.

Rikardo1979, you stated that you have been using Sandisk with xbian and it has been working fine with full configuration/speed. Would you be so kind to list exact details of your Sandisk card (capacity, class, model etc) so I can order the same card to see if this problem goes away?

Thank you in advance for your assistance...

Re: Xbian - SW Corruption issues - rikardo1979 - 10th Jun, 2013 02:10 AM

I did posted both cards just few posts up Wink and you find my full setup if you look into my details

Re: RE: Xbian - SW Corruption issues - rikardo1979 - 10th Jun, 2013 02:29 AM

(10th Jun, 2013 01:11 AM)Fred Wrote:  I will run into a wall head first if that turns out to be the problem Big Grin.

Just tried the adapter from my tablet (2A) and didn't have to run into a wall.

does both PSU's has own micro USB cord or do you use same with both?
Also can you look onto your RPi and read the details from SoC chip an post it here?

RE: Xbian - SW Corruption issues - Fred - 10th Jun, 2013 03:55 AM

I used different cables.

About the SoC, I have attached a picture.

Re: Xbian - SW Corruption issues - rikardo1979 - 10th Jun, 2013 04:21 AM

thanks for reply and picture.
So you are a bit unlucky here,as you have the Hynix which is reported to be more problematic than Samsung especially when any OC setting is applied.
Do you know anyone who has the RPi with Samsung SoC so you can try all your hardware included your XBian installation on your SD card?
If you do than you could be 100% sure what causing it

RE: Xbian - SW Corruption issues - Amean1 - 11th Jun, 2013 05:59 AM

(10th Jun, 2013 02:10 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  I did posted both cards just few posts up Wink and you find my full setup if you look into my details

I am sorry Ricardo, I should have looked at the thread more carefully before I post a question. Thank you for your help...

Re: RE: Xbian - SW Corruption issues - Fred - 11th Jun, 2013 06:21 AM

(10th Jun, 2013 04:21 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  thanks for reply and picture.
So you are a bit unlucky here,as you have the Hynix which is reported to be more problematic than Samsung especially when any OC setting is applied.
Do you know anyone who has the RPi with Samsung SoC so you can try all your hardware included your XBian installation on your SD card?
If you do than you could be 100% sure what causing it

Ah that's too bad, don't know anyone with a pi so can't test that. But the setup I have now works so I'm happy.