Forum

Full Version: Transmission: Unable to save resume file: No such file or directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

Firstly I want to thank you for what you did, it is really great! Specially the beta, which is really faster than the latest alpha!

I installed the beta on a cleaned SD card, apt-get updated/upgraded, configured some stuffs with xbian-config and then installed the torrent & newsserver 3.0 with the command that was mentioned in the post. Everything went fine, all the web interfaces are working fine.

But Transmission's download isn't working. When I send something with CouchPotato or just giving a magnet directly in Transmission, it stays a few minutes telling it is retrieving metadata even where there is many peers. And then, it blocks and says 'Error: Unable to save resume file: No such file or directory' and stays at 0% of retrieving metadata.

It is strange, as the location of the torrent given by Transmission is /home/xbian/downloads and is chmod 777. It is owned by user xbian, but I don't think this changes anything.

Thank you for your help! :-)
Thanks for your feedback. For next time please post this in the download package thread http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1018.html .

I have been able to reproduce the problem, so it's a package related problem. I found a fix and will include it in the package, but it's very easy to fix yourself.

Login to SSH and exit to command line. Use this command:

Terminal

sudo chmod 777 /etc/transmission

Thanks for reporting!
Thank you, it worked!

Sorry for the wrong place of my question, I didn't really know if I could post it on the original thread, so I prefered create my own. ^^'
Reference URL's