Forum

Full Version: Can't play a video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried to play a video, but it won't start, I only get the audio and a window on top with the Now playing message.
Here the mediainfo of the video: http://pastebin.com/m747rsFd
Here the log: http://pastebin.com/TFGf1fNc

In the past I had no problems playing videos with higher resolution than this one.

Xbian 1.0a5 fully upgraded.
My first thought was license.

Can you play any other files.
What have you done prior to this issue occurring?
the video in this file cause the error and OmxPlayer cant play it

Code:
14:45:01 T:2980049984   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.video_decode - OMX_ErrorInsufficientResources, insufficient resources
14:45:01 T:2670761024   ERROR: OMXPlayerVideo : Error open video output

So something is not right with the file and unfortunately XBMC on RPi is a bit sensitive to none standard files

My suggestion - re-encode the file with soft like Handbreak
I tried three, four times and nothing. Not just the first episode, a bunch of them, randomly. None worked.
Then I posted here.
Then I tried again and all episodes worked.
No reboot in between, nothing, just the time passing...
really weird, ...
I would say or better guess an power issue.
Can you provide details of your HW - all what is connected to RPi and how it is connected
I've experienced this before. It usually occurs on files that have been downloaded from the internet and have dubious encoding.

You could run this through nkvnix tools and see if it throws up an error, but mkv files are just a container and they could contain anything.

Why it sometimes works and other times not, will be a case of checking the logs (good and bad) too see what it different.

I'd be interested to see if it is a power issue, but with RPi anything is possible.
I have to correct myself. The video started, but it's slow and not smooth (what's the English word for "not smooth"?)
I have nothing connected to the RPi but an external powered hard disk.
I have a 1500 mA power supply and haven't got any issues with power in the past.
The file is downloaded from the internet, but from a (usually) thrusted source and it seems not to be a strange release.
I'll try to download another video and see what happens.
Not smooth = rough.

Does the audio stutter? What is XBMC CPU usage while the file is playing? Have you tried the standalone omxplayer?
(26th Jul, 2013 03:54 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Not smooth = rough.

Thanks.

(26th Jul, 2013 03:54 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Does the audio stutter? What is XBMC CPU usage while the file is playing? Have you tried the standalone omxplayer?

The audio is ok.
I don't remember the CPU usage, I could watch for it, but I'm not at home now.
I also tried to switch to quartz skin because it seems to me it's less resource hungry, but the problem was still there.
I didn't tried the standalone omxplayer, I don't know how to do that, actually... I can ssh to the RPi, but do I just launch the player and it's output goes to the tv screen?
(26th Jul, 2013 05:42 AM)effemmeffe Wrote: [ -> ]
(26th Jul, 2013 03:54 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Not smooth = rough.

Thanks.

(26th Jul, 2013 03:54 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Does the audio stutter? What is XBMC CPU usage while the file is playing? Have you tried the standalone omxplayer?

The audio is ok.
I don't remember the CPU usage, I could watch for it, but I'm not at home now.
I also tried to switch to quartz skin because it seems to me it's less resource hungry, but the problem was still there.
I didn't tried the standalone omxplayer, I don't know how to do that, actually... I can ssh to the RPi, but do I just launch the player and it's output goes to the tv screen?

You must first install it 'sudo apt-get install omxplayer' then 'omxplayer /path/to/file.ext'

I have often found the standalone version is good to keep around for stubborn files.
I would suggest this
make an backup img of your SD card and than do a fresh install of XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1. So we can see if it is caused by system or file. Or you can even try XBian 1.0 Alpha 5, but I would prefer if you focus on latest build
-thx-
(26th Jul, 2013 06:33 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest this
make an backup img of your SD card and than do a fresh install of XBian 1.0 Beta 1.1. So we can see if it is caused by system or file. Or you can even try XBian 1.0 Alpha 5, but I would prefer if you focus on latest build
-thx-

Can you give me a link to beta 1.1?
(26th Jul, 2013 07:47 AM)effemmeffe Wrote: [ -> ]
(26th Jul, 2013 06:33 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest this
-thx-

Can you give me a link to beta 1.1?

http://www.xbian.org/download at the bottom under Manual installation
Finally I wa able to test the video on beta 1.1 and it worked, but it's still doesn't play smoot.
I can see the video and it's in synch with audio, but I can see frame drops.

Plus I got another problem on some other videos I used to watch on alpha 5.
When I try to play them my TV goes off telling me that the selected resolution is not supported.
I have a full hd samsung screen. I checked in the log and it seems that it tries to play the video 1920x1080 @ 100.00i.
I remember that in alpha 5 it plays 1920x1080 @ 50. Is this a setting I can change or do I have to go back to alpha 5 to watch my videos?
The log: http://pastebin.com/dvK4b0wn
what settings you have under xbmc->settings->system->video?

anyhow ricardo has good knowledge about the cec did and all the other stuff, check with him.

you can also check "tvservice -m cea" from terminal, what you get.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's