Forum

Full Version: Network gone after a few min,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have installed XBian 1.0 Alpha 3 on my rasp-pi 256mb ram

And I'm using this USB wifi: http://www.eachbuyer.com/computers-tablets-networking/home-networking-connectivity/usb-wi-fi-adapters-dongles/mini-150mbps-usb-wireless-netw...urency=EUR

This is what I did to get it to work.

1. install XBian 1.0 Alpha 3
2. plug in wifi
3. boot
4. exit xbmc
5. login with xbian user
6. In the setup I type static IP
7 enter the info for my WPA2 network
8 gives the pi a static IP.
9 boot

Now the pi have network access.. I can airplay to it, it can connect to the internet.. after a few min.. network is gone !!! Sad

Xmbc menu - settings - network - says IP is gone.. all info is gone..

help please
Can you try:
Code:
sudo ifdown wlan0
sudo ifup wlan0
ping 8.8.8.8
You can also try removing the "wirelesspower-off" line from /etc/network/interfaces.
sudo ifdown wlan0
sudo ifup wlan0
ping 8.8.8.8

This will bring back the internet when it's gone but still happens.. now it work for a little longer time

I have removed wirelesspower-off, but still happing
maybe an PSU issue ? lack of power ? just guessing
what rating have your PSU ? is it at least 1A ?
i have the same problem on eth0, but its not a xbian problem. i tested it with 4 different PSU, with xbian, raspbmc, raspbian, in every dist my network dies.

sry for my bad english
Also with different routers, cables, RPi's etc?
psu: output DC 5.0 V - 1200 mA
And the rest, different pi, router, cable...
btw. where are the log files in xbian? standard logs /var/log/syslog /var/log/kern.log are all emty, bug?
not that i know of, but isn't that a seperate topic?
Hi guys
I build a system to act as Wireless router, BT Server, Samba Server etc. Before upgrading to XBian 1.0, it worked well for several hours.
After upgrading to XBian 1.0 (a2/a3), the wireless connections should be broken after some minutes, sometimes just a few minutes, sometimes a little longer(half or one hour).Then some minutes later, the wired connections also broken, while xbmc still did it's work.

I uses a 5V4A power supply module.

Any idea or suggestions?

EDIT: Your topic was merged into this one as is exactly same problem mentioned, even the title was exactly same. Please search the forum before before creating a new thread or post.
Admin
I also had this issue, but the linux 3.6.11 kernel seems to solve this.
Hi admin
Before I post the new thread, I had known that this post is similar. But I did think it acts as a wireless client, not a wireless router. So I post a new thread.
Now I do think that it's the same issue of the network layer.
I do not agree what Koenkk said. I had upgrade to kernel 3.6.11. It seems the same.
It seems kernel 3.2.27 does not has the problem. It works for over 2 hours.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's