Forum

Full Version: Won´t play videos from library, but can from files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey

Just got Xbian 1.0 beta 1.1 running on my new Raspberry pi. All video content is located on my Synology nas, same is my shared sql library. My Xbian is acting very strange. First i could see all of the library, Movies and TV Shows, but couldn't play any of then. Nothing happen when i press play.. When i cleared my library and builded the library again( all this from my computer which can play all the content). Then i restartet the raspberry and now it can play all content in TV Shows, but not in Movies?

Any help here?

I attached my sources and advancedsettings xml files, which i use on both xbmc setups. Also the log from my Pi if that can help.
Can you check if DBUS is running.

ps -ef|grep dbus

If not - sudo start dbus. sudo stop xbmc - sudo start xbmc

See if that helps.
dbus is set to auto start, but it was listed as not running. I restarted it. Now it's running. Didn't make a difference problem still there. When i restart the dbus service doesn't auto start even though it's set to auto start.
Okay so now i got the dbus service to auto start by replacing the dbus.conf file with this one https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-update/blob/master/content/var/tmp/xbian_update/files_to_overwrite/etc/init/dbus.conf. Still my problem is the same. It won't play any content from Movies but it can play every thing from TV Shows..
Okay so now i tryed installing Openelec insted. Same thing happend.. The problem must be my shared library i guess. Can it be a some permissions? I use the extactly same sources and advancedsettings xml files on both my computer and the Pi. Computer does et fine, but the Pi just won't play movies..
Just got back on xbian again. Tried deleting all my library and rebuild it. Reinstalled the mysql service on my nas as well. Still the same problem. TV Shows are playing but Movies won't.
Ok. We can see from the LOG that it errors only on ...Film and not Serier.

Can you check the permissions on the folders and files
I just deleted the library again and used the Pi to update the library. Now the Pi can play both movies and TV Shows, same can my computer. Just wondering if i do an update from my computer can the Pi then play the new content?
Glad you got it working -> Can you change the status of the thread from Problem to Solved.

Updates shouldn't make a difference unless but .....
@paplo, do you "compatible" version of xbmc?

xbmc is versioning database, if xbmc versions are not using the same the same version of db, both your computer and RPI will be looking into different data.
(19th Aug, 2013 08:56 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@paplo, do you "compatible" version of xbmc?

xbmc is versioning database, if xbmc versions are not using the same the same version of db, both your computer and RPI will be looking into different data.

And how do i make sure that the 2 use the same library? is that a setting or something i can change myself?

Another thing i have experienced is that when i updated the hole library from one device, and then clean the library from the other device, it removes everything from the library?
Now i just cleaned the library that my Pi had made from my computer and it removed it all. I then rebuild it with my computer and now the Pi won't play anything in movies or in TV Shows, just like then i started.. My conclusion is that if the Pi don't make the library the first time, it wont play anything. If i use the Pi to create the library and then clean it from another device, it removes it all.. There must be a solution to this?
I think what mk01 is saying is that BOTH machines have to be running the SAME version of XBMC. If not, there will be compatibility issues as changes may have been made in one version of XBMC.
Imo, i think the path's are wrong stored in the DB.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Share_libraries_using_MySQL/Setting_up_XBMC

Quote:Even if the media is on the same computer as one of the XBMC instances, you MUST use a network share path. You cannot use a local file path with MySQL.
(22nd Aug, 2013 04:34 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]I think what mk01 is saying is that BOTH machines have to be running the SAME version of XBMC. If not, there will be compatibility issues as changes may have been made in one version of XBMC.

I use Xbian 1.0 beta 1.1 on my Pi and xbmc 12.2 on my computers. The computers dosen't seen to care about who created the library. They play it all...

(22nd Aug, 2013 04:48 AM)brantje Wrote: [ -> ]Imo, i think the path's are wrong stored in the DB.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Share_libraries_using_MySQL/Setting_up_XBMC

Quote:Even if the media is on the same computer as one of the XBMC instances, you MUST use a network share path. You cannot use a local file path with MySQL.

All my media content is stored on my NAS. If you look at my sources file you can see the 192.168.1.50 address. That's my NAS.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's