Forum

Full Version: Skin comparison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I quite like using xeebo on xbian.

xbian-config doesn't display properly and some other addons, but as far as actual day to day use and performance it's quite good esp when using a remote.
(24th Jun, 2013 02:12 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]
(28th Dec, 2012 11:17 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]so as I can see the default skin is still the best if you looking for performance Wink and also the clean and simple looking
so for me Confluence is still the winner Smile

I agree. Confluence is the slickest skin for the Pi

You should try Amber, it's definitely faster here.
(23rd Jun, 2013 09:52 PM)brantje Wrote: [ -> ]
Preview of the xbian skin

I like this, any more screens?
Hi all:

Is there any simple way to intall refocus on xbian??

I am trying instalation from zip file, but it's not working.
@hilfer: I would recommend you to checkout ReFocus BIG. (See the first post of this topic) You can simply install it with git clone from the official GitHub repository in the addons-folder under --> /home/xbian/.xbmc/addons or download the zip file in the official xbmc forum thread.
However I'm currently getting started with skin development and I'm working on a special RPi-edition of ReFocus BIG which should use less resources. It's in a very early stage but hopefully I have the time to do a lot more changes in the future. If you are interested you may want to visit https://github.com/freeman212/skin.refocus.big
If you have further questions feel free to contact me
@freem@n

Unless it was your intention - there is NO way back to another skin - That is a sorry point.

.. and thus scores a minus point.

That skin has been deleted and will never be looked at again.

If you had the misfortune of installing this skin and want to get back to a usable skin, you have to install a usable skin like PM3 and then switch back from there.
(30th Nov, 2013 03:59 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Unless it was your intention - there is NO way back to another skin - That is a sorry point.

What do you mean? I can always go into the settings->appearance->skin and select another skin i've installed or download one from the official XBMC repository.
(30th Nov, 2013 06:12 AM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]
(30th Nov, 2013 03:59 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Unless it was your intention - there is NO way back to another skin - That is a sorry point.

What do you mean? I can always go into the settings->appearance->skin and select another skin i've installed or download one from the official XBMC repository.

I don't know if you have changed anything recently - but I've just tried again and it won't install.
11:44:33 T:2804012096 ERROR: Cache - Failed write to file special://home/addons/skin.refocus.big-master/fonts/Ubuntu-B.ttf
11:44:33 T:2804012096 ERROR: Could not read addon description of skin.refocus.big-master

However, from memory - when I installed it yesterday - there was not option for settings. Only Movie, TV, Music, Weather and from the sidebar shutdown etc.

I tried without success to find settings - maybe I missed something but a skin needs to be intuitive and such things should be easy to find.

I'll give it another go and see what happens
(30th Nov, 2013 09:53 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]when I installed it yesterday - there was not option for settings. Only Movie, TV, Music, Weather and from the sidebar shutdown etc.

Well, now I know what you mean. This was a bug where it could happen that the Settings Tab won't show up anymore due to recent changes on the Home Screen. I'm really sorry about this and hopefully I didn't break your setup.
However I already found and fixed this bug yesterday. maybe just a few hours later than you tried it Sad https://github.com/freeman212/skin.refocus.big/commit/9b1a44de343471fe29ce1b8a5f8f660e20a89f36

Since then everything should be fine. To access the shutdown menu and the file manager you can always press left on the Homescreen.

Quote:I don't know if you have changed anything recently - but I've just tried again and it won't install.
11:44:33 T:2804012096 ERROR: Cache - Failed write to file special://home/addons/skin.refocus.big-master/fonts/Ubuntu-B.ttf
11:44:33 T:2804012096 ERROR: Could not read addon description of skin.refocus.big-master

what method are you using for installation... "git clone" in the addons folder or installation from zip file?
something seems to be wrong with the addon description. I'll take a look on this and report back.
Sorry for the inconvenience !!
there is nothing better spacemonkey
I'm using Confluence Modified, listed as Simple Confluence mod in the first post, and am very happy.
I don't recognize slower performance when comparing with original Confluence and just get a few more options.

But I will try Amber some day if it should really be faster than Confluence. (@zilexa)

I love the look of Xperience1080 but i guess it's not even worth the try to run it on RPi. Just to heavy.
If I would have some more time I would try to reduce it to the minimum and just keep the main look,
but I don't have it. If someone has a bit more time and will try it, I would extremely appreciate it. Tongue

-- edit:

I finally tried Xperience1080 because it's the most appealing skin for me. (I really like the structure that is strongly leant on the new Xbox menus)
And I have to report that it is running well for me! I run XBian Beta2 from a fast USB stick and in Turbo Mode and the little beast can really handle it. Big Grin
Of course it's not exactly that responsive like Confluence, but for me it's good enough, not annoying and I really didn't expect such a performance.
I have to say that the Pi is now under more load (XBMC ~70% CPU, ~21% RAM) but I don't need the power anywhere else so it's just well for me.

Ah, think I have to mention what I have only a 720p TV. So with a higher resolution it could be different.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's