Forum

Full Version: XBian tvheadend package
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(23rd Nov, 2013 05:14 AM)starous Wrote: [ -> ]So, I managed to fix the tvheadend server on my XBian, but it still doesn't start on reboot Sad

Please check if tvheadend: exists in file
/usr/local/include/xbian-config/config/services

I know there is a GUI to check this but I like the CLI and it's better for learning....
KB
(23rd Nov, 2013 06:42 PM)Killerbee Wrote: [ -> ]
(23rd Nov, 2013 05:14 AM)starous Wrote: [ -> ]So, I managed to fix the tvheadend server on my XBian, but it still doesn't start on reboot Sad

Please check if tvheadend: exists in file
/usr/local/include/xbian-config/config/services

I know there is a GUI to check this but I like the CLI and it's better for learning....
KB

The services file contains:
Code:
tvheadend:
(23rd Nov, 2013 03:40 AM)Killerbee Wrote: [ -> ]@mk01
Could please update the prefix in the configuration file?
Version 3.5 requires this new prefix.
Also we have to run tvheadend -C once to make it work.
Could you please add tvheadend -C to the installation script (and kill it)?

Thanks

available as version 1.0.1d
actually tvheadend -C is not needed, just the default accessfile was wrong. the issue was netmask 255.255.255.0 instead of 0.0.0.0. with proper /0 it works also without ipv6. Undecided

now I tested it properly, clean install after apt-get purge (deleting /home/xbian/.hts/tvheadend) and also upgrade and is ok. I also added info to stdout during first install that the defaults should be changed after.

@starous

can you update to 1.0.1d ? it will overwrite job file so if you have from past the first one (or second version), it will be corrected.
(1st Dec, 2013 01:45 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@starous

can you update to 1.0.1d ? it will overwrite job file so if you have from past the first one (or second version), it will be corrected.

So far so good.
I've updated, restarted and everything seems to work very well. Even it starts on reboot.

Thanks Wink
It installs fine for me. However I loose access to my tuner.
I believe it is a permission issue.
I don't have this problem if I install tvheadend by adding the repo on my sources.list and apt-get install tvheadend.
I would liked to have the newer version from xbian repos if I can. Otherwise I will stick with the stable version.
I suppose you have to migrate tvheaend settings.

(if you are migrating from 3.5(6) to 3.9, this happened to me as well. only scheduled recordings stayed, all other settings was gone. i had configure networks - muxes - channels again, including full scan - maybe should work, maybe not - i wasn't researching this so took the hour and configured it again).

check maybe tvheadend web site.
I have a working XBian and have ssh'd into the OS successfully.

I want to setup Live TV. In the past (RaspBMC and OpenELEC), I have used tvheadend.

Questions:

Does xbian support tvheadend?

Is it in-built? -Do I get an xbmc add-on of it?

If it is in the xbian repos, does it get installed with or with-OUT "sudo"? Or if it is an add-on is that installed as "root" or as "user"?

If you know a URL that shows how to install packages/apps/etc for XBian, SiliconDust's HDHomeRun (dual ATSC) tuner and Schedules Direct may I ask you to point me towards it? I have netsearched (I don't use Google as a verb) and cannot find XBian specific help.

I have XBian up & running for about 50 minutes at this point in time.
Hi,

Thanks for the work that you're doing on TVHeadEnd on Xbian. I have installed the package but it has problems accessing my tuner when not being run as root.

Has anybody else encountered this problem and what workaround did they find? I've tried to fiddle around with permissions but it doesn't seemed to have helped and I'm not sufficiently informed to do too much of that without risking breaking everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
@cdjonesuk

with standard dvbt drivers, ./dev/adapterX/files are created and owned by "root:video". this is also udevd's default rule.

xbian is part of video group and access works. what is your dvb adapter and paths (ownership) under /dev ?
(4th Feb, 2014 08:54 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@cdjonesuk

with standard dvbt drivers, ./dev/adapterX/files are created and owned by "root:video". this is also udevd's default rule.

xbian is part of video group and access works. what is your dvb adapter and paths (ownership) under /dev ?

@mk01

I created a udev rule, which seems to have solved it. It may have been that the firmware for my dvbt stick had done something strange. Anyway, many thanks for replying. Keep up the good work.
you are welcome
Hello there,

i'm using v1.0RC1 with gotham and live tv timeshift doesn't work for me (i get grayed out rev/forw buttons)
It sorta worked in the past (rev was very buggy) but after a gotham-nightly update i was no longer able to use timeshift
and the same happens when using tvheadend 3.9

Is that a known issue of gotham + tvheadend ? Timeshift works well when using a vdr 2.0.3/vnsi backend
Hi,

something went wrong with my xbian os, it doesn't startup. I tried to fix the boot problem, but unfortunately, i didn't manage to, so i just backed up the /home/xbian folder and reinstalled xbian to my rpi 2.

Could you please tell me how i can install the tvheadend server? Last time I did it more than a year ago and i forgot how i did it actually, and now i can't figure out.
@schrackin

sudo apt-get install xbian-package-tvheadend
And follow the instructions on setup, basically go to.

http://hostname:9981/
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's