Forum

Full Version: Beta 2 and VNC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I think that one of the greatest additions to Beta 2 is the added VNC server.. it would be very useful in testing remote installations
the problem is.. after starting the service i can readily connect but I only get a green screen (tested with UVNC 1.97 and VNC)
Any idea?
Thanks!

EDIT: After some testing I managed to get a screen.. but @1080p i get a lag of 2 minutes.. (118 secs to be correct) on my overclocked Pi @900Mhz.. it seems a bit too much.. anyone has similar experiences?
Thanks!
VNC has always been slow - especially with high resolutions. Try dropping the resolution.

If you drop down to a ssh shell and run "top" you will see that with VNC connected the RPi is maxed out. 100% cpu usage. No wonder it is slow.
Moved to correct Forum
(29th Nov, 2013 04:33 AM)ilgrank Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: After some testing I managed to get a screen.. but @1080p i get a lag of 2 minutes.. (118 secs to be correct) on my overclocked Pi @900Mhz.. it seems a bit too much.. anyone has similar experiences?

RPI is simply too weak to handle 1920x1080. It also depends pretty much on used encoding. I use hextile with copyrect encoding enabled and 1920x1080 is doing like 1-0.5 fps (XBian default OC).

but for real work - development, maintenance I switch to 720x480 (hdmi_mode=2 in config.txt). then it's almost real time - it will not make your work be painful.
Reference URL's