Forum

Full Version: How to install apache on xbian?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello
after some installproblems (stucked at rezising fs) where fixed i'am wondering how to install apache on it .
i can find arround every where that they did it , but nowhere so please help

luke
Please read and follow the instructions as requested in Please read before you post - a link is in my signature.

The easiest way is to ssh into you RPi.
Run xbian-config => 4) Packages => 12) Web =? 2) Webserver.

This will install PHP and Apache.

Alternatively
Terminal
sudo apt-get install apache2
Okay, thanks but how to configure it?
I won't suggest apache on the RPi. It's a bit heavy for it. You should better try nginx.
(24th Jan, 2014 06:31 PM)josch Wrote: [ -> ]I won't suggest apache on the RPi. It's a bit heavy for it. You should better try nginx.

Are there any other differences ?( and does ik support php)
Apache is very powerful if you want to have a large webserver. But I guess (without knowing yet) that nginx will fit all your needs
and it's running way faster on the RPi. So, what kind of stuff do you want to do with that webserver?

Sure it can handle PHP! It's a full-value webserver.
I haven't run it but as apache + PHP comes as an xbian package it should be kept up to date with future developments.

However, there are many options out there.

do sudo apt-cache search webserver and sudo apt-cache search web/proxy

As @josch mentions it all depends what you want to do with it. If it's just a small webserver for home use, then Apache might be a bit of a juggernaut if all you need is a van.
(25th Jan, 2014 02:10 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't run it but as apache + PHP comes as an xbian package it should be kept up to date with future developments.

As @josch mentions it all depends what you want to do with it. If it's just a small webserver for home use, then Apache might be a bit of a juggernaut if all you need is a van.

Can I use PHP with ngix
(25th Jan, 2014 02:12 AM)lukeg01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25th Jan, 2014 02:10 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't run it but as apache + PHP comes as an xbian package it should be kept up to date with future developments.

Can I use PHP with ngix

Read this PHP
(25th Jan, 2014 02:32 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]
(25th Jan, 2014 02:12 AM)lukeg01 Wrote: [ -> ]

Can I use PHP with ngix

Read this PHP

The link redirects to here
Dodgy

Sorry, but you should really begin to read the entire posts attentively.

Here are two links for you:
The link redirects to @josch where he stipulates about PHP - if you can't be bothered to read the posts, then why should we be bothered to help you?
(25th Jan, 2014 03:14 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]The link redirects to @josch where he stipulates about PHP - if you can't be bothered to read the posts, then why should we be bothered to help you?

I'm sorry I think I read it to fast,
My appologies
Just check the second link from my post (#11). It will redirect you to google, but there are a lot of helpful sites
with step-by-step tutorials linked. If there are any more questions, just ask again. I setted up nginx too on my XBian.
Reference URL's