Forum

Full Version: xbian-package-a2dp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ok, don'i know so,

thes post install script should not be error proof (my bash skill is not really famous).
if you want to try more, you can check your conf file like explain there,
i use that source now :
http://jamesbond3142.no-ip.org/blog/?viewDetailed=00032
Thank you for your great work! This package has actually been the final reason for me to switch from Raspbmc to XBian. Thank you Smile

A really short question:

It seems that, by default, the package is routing the sound output through HDMI. In the system settings I have set analogue for music output and activated dual output. However, streamed music via bluetooth a2dp is always send through HDMI. Is there any way to change that configuration and have bluetooth-a2dp sound routed through analogue?

Thanks and Cheers!
Hi,

if your hdmi cable is connected, default is hdmi, if unplugged default is analog
to change, depending which version you use,
if you use the alsa one (the one on git), you should configure alsa to output to analog with this command,

amixer cset numid=3 1
(10th Jul, 2014 07:38 PM)belese Wrote: [ -> ]amixer cset numid=3 1

That worked perfectly. Thanks!
Hey belese,

first I would like to thank you for your great package.

I'm writing, because I also wanted to switch the output to analog, but all my changes didnt take effect. Also amixer cset numid=3 1 couldn't solve my issue. I've tried several things, but the output is still through HDMI.

I've installed your package over github.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance
I don't know,
it uses the default alsa, so all advice for linux alsa should be the same there.

check on google alsa raspberry.
I'd this before, but I couldn't find anything helpful.

I think it's the version with alsa, but maybe I'm wrong, because I first installed it with apt-get, uninstalled it and reinstalled it over github. How could I switch the output of the pulse adapter?
I'd recommend testing whether ALSA is working correctly

Terminal
speaker-test -c 2

if your hear an output (noise) from your speakers connected to the rpi, alsa is working correctly and we'll have to figure out what's wrong with your installation. You can try that with speakers connected to HDMI and analogue output to see if ALSA is generally working. It will also show you, if ALSA is working, where it is routing the sound output.

Also, I found this helpful about the peculiarities of ALSA on rpi. It seems that it might also be related to your HDMI device.
Hey Stefanotis,

you just solved my issue. Smile The following command was the solution.

Terminal
sudo amixer -c 0 cset numid=3 1

Thank you very much!
(2nd Aug, 2014 12:04 PM)g0rill4z Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Stefanotis,

you just solved my issue. Smile The following command was the solution.

Terminal
sudo amixer -c 0 cset numid=3 1

Thank you very much!

Glad I could help Smile
Update: I recreated /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf from https://launchpadlibrarian.net/174137125/audio.conf and xbian-package-a2dp installed with only the snd_bcm2835 error. I still can't pair.

Update2: Apparently Bluez5 doesn't support a2dp anymore: http://askubuntu.com/questions/440386/bluetoothd-bluez-5-wont-connect-with-any-devices (see the answer); a2dp support was moved to pulseaudio. Maybe the 1.0 version of xbian-package-a2dp where it relied on pulseaudio will work?

Hi, first, thanks for creating this!! Now the question: does this package still work on the latest xbian? I don't think it's working with the current Bluez5. I have paired my phone successfully with Bluez, but xbian-a2dp does not appear to be running correctly due to the post install script not liking the current Bluez5 or something in the latest xbian build.

I'm using a CuBox-i4. I've tried both the apt-get and git install methods. Both complain about snd_bcm2835 and audio.conf missing. From what I can gather Bluez5 doesn't use audio.conf. The install says success, xbian does not appear as a bluetooth sink. It just appears as a device I can connect to. This is the install script output, notice the FATAL and No such file or directory entries:

Terminal

The following NEW packages will be installed:
xbian-package-a2dp
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 93 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/4,296 B of archives.
After this operation, 20.5 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Warning: Snapshot or volume with this name already exists, skipping root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-12-23-1647
Transaction commit: none (default)
Delete subvolume '/run/btrfs-snap/root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-12-23-1643'
@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-12-23-1647, 0 created snapshots, 1 destroyed snapshots, 1 warnings.
Selecting previously unselected package xbian-package-a2dp.
(Reading database ... 25914 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../xbian-package-a2dp_1.0_armhf.deb ...
modprobe: FATAL: Module snd_bcm2835 not found.
Unpacking xbian-package-a2dp (1.0) ...
Setting up xbian-package-a2dp (1.0) ...
cp: cannot stat ‘/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf’: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf: No such file or directory
Success: insert bluetooth enable

This is my a2dp log: sudo cat /var/log/upstart/bluetooth-a2dp.log
Terminal

initctl: Unknown instance:
Bluetooh device removed
bluetooth-pairing stop/stopping

Bluez5 appears to be working correctly except for that last bit:

Terminal

[CHG] Device 78:59:5E:37:65:06 Paired: yes
Pairing successful
[CHG] Device 78:59:5E:37:65:06 Connected: no
[bluetooth]# connect 78:59:5E:37:65:06
Attempting to connect to 78:59:5E:37:65:06
Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed
No it don't work with bluez 5.
i've tried a bit, but there's no real documentation, and i've seen no one manage to get it working with bluez 5.
Would it be possible to push the ALSA version to the staging repository? The stable repository still has the pulseaudio version.

Thanks in advance,
meiser
Can you give me a direct link to the package you're talking about.
(12th Jan, 2015 06:46 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give me a direct link to the package you're talking about.

It's under https://github.com/belese/xbian-package-a2dp, the debian package has to be generated with the gen.package.sh script.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's