Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
You may be right smultie. I got asked for a user and password on the Movies and have just now got the library to 'apparently' update.

If this doesn't work I will delete all the sources and re-add them.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Skywatch
My IR remote is no longer working upon updating to RC2. Menus are much faster, but not a lot of good if I can't control anything. 2 rollbacks got stuck and completely froze, leaving me unable to SSH in. Tried to clone from an .IMG I had made in the past to no avail (got stuck in a command line area because mm02… could not be mounted).
I've had a pretty freaking terrible 24 hours because of this update. I've managed to set up EVERYTHING again (which was only around 4 hours this time, as I have had to set up everything like this in the past before).

I didn't see anything useful in the xbmc log, but I can post it if need be- or any other logs. I would really appreciate some help as I've been stuck for a while.
IRW is giving output, as is mode2 (obviously).

Sorry if I am coming off a bit rude- I'm really frustrated and hadn't updated at all since RC1 first came out because I had to completely reinstall with that update too- to run into really big issues every time I update is getting old. I would be glad to provide any information that can fix anything- especially so other people don't run into this problem.

Edit: other notes- CEC is disabled. Remote doesn't send keyboard presses. /etc/lirc/lircd.conf was changed such that the argument "-u" was changed to "" and
echo "lirc_rpi" >> /etc/modules was run.

Edit again: I finally figured it out a good 12 hours later. I had to edit /etc/lirc/hardware/custom.conf such that
Terminal
#DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
#MODULES="lirc_xbox"
I don't know why this got changed during the update, or how I overlooked it while reflashing, but it was really hard to fix, to say the least. I am using an xbox360 media remote and can send over my Lircmap.xml file and any other files if requested for future distributions (so they can be made into proper hardware files). I know @CurlyMoe did a lot of work with LIRC, but I don't know how active the other developers are with it still.
I am sorry some folks cant get there XBian up n clean.. I am loving my v1 256k v1 Pi running everything up n updated.
top - 18:22:58 up 11:45, 1 user, load average: 0.28, 0.20, 0.22
Tasks: 82 total, 1 running, 81 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
%Cpu(s): 1.0 us, 2.3 sy, 20.4 ni, 76.0 id, 0.0 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.3 si, 0.0 st
KiB Mem: 152016 total, 128324 used, 23692 free, 8 buffers
KiB Swap: 250876 total, 16772 used, 234104 free, 50104 cached

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
834 xbian 27 7 361m 48m 10m S 22.7 32.9 159:57.77 xbmc.bin

Thats 22.7 CPU usage in TOP. My ssh & 1700+ movie nas data base is all "good"
Hi,

I've installed RC2 from scratch and it works great. During the installation I had some issues that I had to solve:
1. The resize process got stuck after first boot.
2. Update from beta2 to RC2 got stuck because of the python issue.
3. I had to add SuperRepo repositories manually, because the preinstalled didn't work.
4. Had to follow http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=11331&pid=85919#pid85919 to fix video playback. (I have an Samsung LCD TV)

Best regards.
Would it not be better to write release notes/changes BEFORE releasing a version? This way people know what to expect, if they should upgrade a RPi that is being used daily/weekly etc. Ofcourse XBian is still in development but lots of people actually enjoy using it already.
I have succesfully upgraded 3 RPis, did have the Python issue. but no idea what to expect in changes. Just waiting for an RC with XBMC13 (I know nightly is available but I cannot test it, the RPis are being used).
@zilexa: you can easily have the current RC2 running with XBMC 13 stable. All you have to do is:

Terminal
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly

I'm using RC2 with Gotham (final) too and don't have any problems. Everything is running well and fast. Smile
Hi, today after going sudo apt-get update i found that some sources are giving 404 NOT FOund:
Err http://xbian.brantje.com wheezy/main armhf Packages
@koper89 try undating your sources via ssh xbian-config.

You /etc/apt/sources.list is out of date.

It should read:

Terminal
deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free rpi
deb http://xbian.brantje.com stable main
Hey guys,

I'm running RC2 and have been updating Xbian up to this point since Beta2 I think.

I've been having this problem for a few weeks now: Xbian boots, XBMC starts just fine, scans the media library and then closes again after about two minutes. It throws me not to a login prompt but to the status/log screen that shows the various daemons that were started before.

After logging in via SSH and running
Code:
sudo start xbmc
it starts and runs fine without any crashes until the next reboot. The problem persists with XBMC 12 Frodo and XBMC 13 Gotham.

In addition to the vanilla Xbian, I also have these daemons installed (and this ran fine for months; apache2 was installed after the problem was already occuring for a few days):
  • transmission
  • sickbeard
  • couchpotato
  • headphones
  • btsync
  • monit (to monitor various daemons and directories)
  • apache2 (to act as a reverse HTTPS proxy to the various webinterfaces)

Does anybody else have that problem? Which log files would be necessary to look into this?
(14th May, 2014 05:56 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/523

Thanks - so is this an issue everybody is having (I don't think so, as it would have been reported more widely then) or is this some sort of configuration issue?
Don't know.
(14th May, 2014 05:25 AM)Darkguy Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody else have that problem? Which log files would be necessary to look into this?

tail -150 /var/log/upstart/upstart-ev.log
dmesg

and /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

when xbmc is starting, timer in the system starts with timeout = 100s. if within those 100s xbmc doesn't respond back to the system that it is running, system considers that as failed xbmc process - triggers failed start and to free console for user to take recovery steps it kills xbmc.

it looks that in your case something is stopping xbmc from sending the OK to system.
Hi guys,

just updated to RC2 on my rpi using a fresh install, using the installer app (i played around too much in all the config files without knowing what I was doing).
Everything eems to work fine (better even) except for one thing: airplay.
-when I use airplay from itunes and ios xbian shows up just fine and everything works great.
-But I mainly use airplay to play music from my synology (DS audio)
-when I open DS audio on my iphone or from my mac, Airplay is not shown as an option in the list of airplay devices.
-I refreshed the DMA compatible list, but xbian is not showning.
-before updating to RC2 I used beta 2 and everything was working like a charm. Therefore I post this issue on this forum and not on synology.

I use the latest DSM software (5.0-4493 update 2) and audio station (5.2-2635).
(14th May, 2014 05:25 AM)Darkguy Wrote: [ -> ]I've been having this problem for a few weeks now: Xbian boots, XBMC starts just fine, scans the media library and then closes again after about two minutes. It throws me not to a login prompt but to the status/log screen that shows the various daemons that were started before.

do
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-config-xbmc

it seems that the "xbmc sucessfull start notifier" doesn't report that XBMC started successfully and system considers that as failsafe boot with failed XBMC - restoring console killing any xbmc leftovers. this happens 100s after xbmc starts loading.

second option is that the notifier is fine but some other python scripts start before it (for instance the library updates) and this can blocks other python threads from starting (eg the notifier).

can you try with auto lib update turned off for a while?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's