Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Getting 404 not found on all the brantje sources..

Terminal

W: Failed to fetch http://xbian.brantje.com/dists/stable/main/binary-armhf/Packages 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://xbian.brantje.com/dists/staging/main/binary-armhf/Packages 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://xbian.brantje.com/dists/devel/main/binary-armhf/Packages 404 Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Site down or being updated?[/term]
Seems a temporary misconfiguration: http://xbian.brantje.com
after upgrade via xbian-config tonight i get...

Please wait, regenerating locales...
sed: couldn't open temporary file /etc/sedQf3Xlr: Permission denied
-bash: locale-gen: command not found

skywatch
I upgraded this morning without any issues. (I'm on Stable - so you may want to try that)
Hi! I'm having a problem using XBian 1.0 RC2. After about 20 mins, ethernet stops working and eth status is set to Down.

Can anyone guide me solve this?
@kour84 Post the output of dmseg via http://www.pastebin.com. That might show up what the issue is.

I assume you have an adequate power supply.
@kour84 - I doubt you are running it headless.

So when it drops, 1) Go to shutdown icon, select exit. Sign on as xbian/raspberry. Type "dmesg > dmesg.txt" and also cat /etc/network/interfaces > interfaces.txt.

It might be worth using the ssh version of xbian-config, to see if you can restart the network - it works a lot better than the XBMC version.

Post these files when the network is back up.
I am already using the stable release.

I tried again today with the exact same message on SSHing into the pi.

So I removed the SD card and reflashed a known good image on the laptop. Back in the pi I went to xbian-config and I updated the mirrors, did the update and then upgrade (all from within xbian-config). It crashed out with the python packages, but I still installed all other packages. Then I did the apt-get autoremove as instructed to and rebooted. The problem remains for me..... :-(

Skywatch.
@Skywatch - Can you try sudo apt-get clean and then the normal xbian-config upgrade. As I said I tried this morning without any issues.

It might be worth checking the ownership of /etc
Headless = without a monitor.
(12th Aug, 2014 01:04 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]I assume you have an adequate power supply.

I was thinking of that and decided to change my supply. Till then, i have no problems at all. Would that be a possible explanation?
Looks like there is an issue with the latest updates (All seemed fine on 11th Aug)

When powering off the RPi - all is well, you get the system halted sign and then the screen goes black.

However, the yellow light (ethernet), green (activity) and red (power) remain on. Previously, only the red light would show when the RPi had powered down successfully.

So reflashed, and upgraded again - same problem. So something is not right in the last three days.

Might be related to This but possibly not as uname -a gives 3.12.26+, so that part should have been fixed.

I've tried XBMC Power Off, ssh shutdown -h now and halt but still the lights remain on.
guys I found that XBMC BETA3 for the CuBox-i is not working for me. so I have downgraded to BETA2, and ran apt-get auto remove as the system said they could be removed, a couple of packages that kept XBMC from running,
(14th Aug, 2014 09:30 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like there is an issue with the latest updates (All seemed fine on 11th Aug)

When powering off the RPi - all is well, you get the system halted sign and then the screen goes black.

However, the yellow light (ethernet), green (activity) and red (power) remain on. Previously, only the red light would show when the RPi had powered down successfully.

So reflashed, and upgraded again - same problem. So something is not right in the last three days.

Might be related to This but possibly not as uname -a gives 3.12.26+, so that part should have been fixed.

I've tried XBMC Power Off, ssh shutdown -h now and halt but still the lights remain on.

I confirm that I have the same issue.
Hi,

I haven't updated my xbian for quite some time (since April) and I am now on RC1 (at least in XBMC Gotham (some Nightly) it claims so. I want to update to RC2 and tried to do so using apt-get. After updating and rebooting twice, I am now stuck at the following situation.
Quote:
# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
xbian-package-config-shell xbian-package-firmware xbian-package-kernel xbian-package-shairplay
xbian-package-usbmount xbian-package-vnc-server xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly
xbian-package-xbmc-scripts xbian-update
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded.

Trying to do a dist-upgrade now ends in a really strong warning.

Quote:
# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
upstart xbian-package-config-xbmc xbian-package-lirc xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge
xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly xbian-package-xbmc-scripts xbian-update
The following NEW packages will be installed:
jfsutils libao-common libao4 libavahi-compat-libdnssd1 libltdl7 libtasn1-3-dev sysvinit
xbian-package-xbianhome
The following packages will be upgraded:
xbian-package-config-shell xbian-package-firmware xbian-package-kernel xbian-package-shairplay
xbian-package-usbmount xbian-package-vnc-server
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
xbian-update xbian-package-lirc (due to xbian-update) upstart (due to xbian-update)
xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge (due to xbian-update) xbian-package-xbmc-scripts (due to
xbian-update) xbian-package-config-xbmc (due to xbian-update)
6 upgraded, 8 newly installed, 7 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 19.9 MB of archives.
After this operation, 91.1 MB disk space will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
?]

So.... should it do as I say? Or is there a way not incurring so much nerve-wrecking messages to upgrade the packages? Do you need any more information from me?

Here is a list of xbian packages currently installed: http://pastebin.com/NAkiUsMS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's