Forum

Full Version: Synergy on Xbian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to share my mouse (on a windows machine) with my my rpi running Xbian. There are not many options for cross platform mouse and keybaord shareing so Synergy is the way to go. However i can't get it to connect to the server.

Is anyone else running synergy on xbian and can confirm it works? It should work on Rpi.

things i've done:

1. installed on windows machine and running as server
2. configured to receive connection from xbian
3. forwarded port in router
4. installed on xbian
5 running command: synergyc --daemon "ip adress of server"

should connect to the server but it dosen't. Any suggestions?
If you don't have an (problem solving) answer in 2 days please reply here so I get notificated and can look into it.
No i have't found any solutions. I tried compiling different versions and still unable to connect. Its not the router or the other machine as I am able to connect to it from a windows pc.

I also tried Raspbmc but still same.
Are there any other app that is cross platform for sharing mouse keyboard over a network?
I do not have an answer for you but I just wondering why would you need such a feature.
Looks like you want to be able to operate your XBMC with mouse from your PC but there are other more comfy ways how to do
- if u have your RPi connected with HDMI than use your TV remote ( CEC protocol )
- Android or iOS device with remote applications like Yatse or XBMC remote
- webserver,mans you just type into your web browser <your_ip>:8080 and you have and remote on screen and more
So maybe not the answer for your question but the solution
Cool
Thanks for your suggestions. I am aware of the ones you mentioned.
I have attached my rpi to another monitor next to my notebook. It is much more comfortable to move your notebook mouse already in your hand over to the other monitor for doing something quickly than grabbing a remote. Sometimes you need to type stuff in xbmc as well, so keyboard sharing is also handy. In addition, if you're planning to play games, sharing the mouse and keyboard of your notebook is really a nice feature.
I could be completely wrong (and it's been a while since I've used Synergy I'll admit) but don't you install the server/client the other way around? I'll fire up my Pi tonight and have a play!
Actually I've tried it both, I've installed the server on the pi and configured it to receive connection from the client but no luck either.
The synergy client attempts to connect to the xdisplay. This fails because xbmc isn't running under X.

You can see what is happening by running

synergyc -f <server>
Reference URL's