Forum

Full Version: Samsung CEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there
Trying out XBIAN on my RaspBerry Pi. Seems more my style than RaspBMC.
I've got one question: When reconnecting (as in: have been watching TV and going back to XBIAN) to the HDMI on my Samsung LED (D-series) it does not connect the CEC automatically. I have to go into the CEC menu on my Samsung and reconnect. This scenario worked flawlessly in RaspBMC.
What am I missing?
The RPi is connected through my Denon receiver to the TV...

Hoping for an answer
Thanks in advance
(16th Jun, 2014 04:56 AM)zkiifreak Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there
Trying out XBIAN on my RaspBerry Pi. Seems more my style than RaspBMC.
I've got one question: When reconnecting (as in: have been watching TV and going back to XBIAN) to the HDMI on my Samsung LED (D-series) it does not connect the CEC automatically. I have to go into the CEC menu on my Samsung and reconnect. This scenario worked flawlessly in RaspBMC.
What am I missing?
The RPi is connected through my Denon receiver to the TV...

Hoping for an answer
Thanks in advance

sorry but dont really get your question.what does it mean reconnecting?reconnecting what?
thx
also look at my signature link and post all the information asked to help narrow down the issue
Disable and re-enable CEC.
Guess this relates to this rather long github-discussion:
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/495

I, too, suffer from this issue. It's always the question whether or not CEC will be working when I power on the TV.
(16th Jun, 2014 07:12 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry but dont really get your question.what does it mean reconnecting?reconnecting what?
thx
also look at my signature link and post all the information asked to help narrow down the issue

Thanks for taking the time to look at my question. Smultie and his link supplied nailed it pretty good! Seems like a known 'bug'.
@Smultie @zkiifreak

after our libCEC rewrite all bugs are reported to be fixed (this not applies for LG TV - there only one bug is solved) (bugs which upstream libCEC introduced since 2.1.3 to 2.1.4.

updated CEC is at STAGING repo (version 1.1.6-3).
(22nd Jun, 2014 07:28 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@Smultie @zkiifreak

after our libCEC rewrite all bugs are reported to be fixed (this not applies for LG TV - there only one bug is solved) (bugs which upstream libCEC introduced since 2.1.3 to 2.1.4.

updated CEC is at STAGING repo (version 1.1.6-3).
Thanks a bunch! But how do one do that? I'm new to XBIAN... thanks in advance!
you can uncomment STAGING repo in /etc/apt/sources.list/xbian.list and run
Code:
sudo -i
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

or more directly fetch the .deb and install
Code:
sudo -i
cd /tmp
wget http://xbian.brantje.com/pool/staging/main/x/xbian-package-cec/xbian-package-cec_1.1.6-3_armhf.deb
dpkg -i xbian-package-cec_1.1.6-3_armhf.deb

@Smultie

could you be so kind, check Wiki whether this is there or not and just create new page with those 10lines + your small std user comment ? you have drilled that few times already. thanks in advance !

(OF COURSE NO SPECIFIC TO THAT CEC, BUT GENERALLY - HOW TO INSTALL EXTRA VERSION MANUALLY (or with that meaning))
Hi everybody
Reviving ths thread as I still see issues...
One thing has sprung to my mind: in RaspBMC, the CEC Settings in XBMC has a setting for "Connected to" (kinda), where you can choose between TV and amplifier. (I'm connected through my Denon AVR 2307 amplifier). This setting is not available in XBIAN. Any thoughts here?

The issue still remains: I have to manually select XBIAN as the "AnyNET+" connection on the TV. But it has been "expanded" to the following issue: if I start music playback and shut off the TV, the TV is instantly turned on again by XBIAN... Why? I've set everything to off in the settings of the XBIAN CEC settings... (Except for the "Enabled", of course). It does not even matter if XBIAN has been connected or not as the last device (AnyNET+-wise, that is).

Hope someone can shed some light on the subjects. Running the latest and greatest. I suspect the two issues (auto turn on when playing music and the missing "Connected to" setting) might be related...

BR
/ZkiiFreak
@zkiifreak

so basically problem is that in situation when xbmc is idle and tv is off - you start music playback and tv will turn on.
but you expect that tv stays off while music will play through AVR. do I understand it ok?

start XBMC with --debug and do whatever is needed. then send the .log via pastebin or similar.

mk
(24th Sep, 2014 12:38 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@zkiifreak

so basically problem is that in situation when xbmc is idle and tv is off - you start music playback and tv will turn on.
but you expect that tv stays off while music will play through AVR. do I understand it ok?

start XBMC with --debug and do whatever is needed. then send the .log via pastebin or similar.

mk
Hi

Thanks a bunch!
Created a pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/nSEtwTk7

Also shot a 1 minute video of the whole thing:
http://1drv.ms/1rxmCHh <-- hope this works

Settings for the CEC Adapter is in the end of the video; everything except Enabled is set to off.

Hope you can give me some guidance!

/M
@zkiifreak

just a quick info (before I look into the logs) - I checked the cec-settings as you describe and it is present (standard stable gotham rpi build).

try stopping xbmc, rm .xml settings from /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data

then start xbmc again a try setup the cec settings again.

@zkiifreak

and you didn't run that xbmc sesstion with debug enabled so you have to do again. Smile
Code:
start xbmc DEBUG='--debug'
(26th Sep, 2014 07:35 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@zkiifreak

just a quick info (before I look into the logs) - I checked the cec-settings as you describe and it is present (standard stable gotham rpi build).

try stopping xbmc, rm .xml settings from /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data

then start xbmc again a try setup the cec settings again.

@zkiifreak

and you didn't run that xbmc sesstion with debug enabled so you have to do again. Smile
Code:
start xbmc DEBUG='--debug'
Hi thanks again

Tried running with the debug option. LOG: http://pastebin.com/8LLCNYaZ
Hope it helps.
I assume, you are referring to the "Connected to"-option of the CEC-settings when you say it's present in your installation?!

Hope you can help me! Thank you for all that you do!

/M
Any progress? Smile
I believe this is how the CEC is working. even you play just a music on XBMC there is always change in GUI of XBMC as the playback starts and this trigger On the CEC so thats why TV is turning ON.
I'm not sure but you can not stop this unless you deactivate CEC totally
(2nd Oct, 2014 05:59 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this is how the CEC is working. even you play just a music on XBMC there is always change in GUI of XBMC as the playback starts and this trigger On the CEC so thats why TV is turning ON.

I'm not sure but you can not stop this unless you deactivate CEC totally

By your explanation, it seems like the hdmi_ignore_cec_init is ignored by XBMC? If your explanation are correct, that setting is useless...??

I'm a little confused [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
[edit]added the _init[/edit]
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's