Forum

Full Version: hyperion flickering on xbian but not raspbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I wanted to moved from the very slow raspbmc to xbian, I have ws2801 LEDs connected to the spi and I get a very weird flickering of random colours on xbian, but this does not happen on raspbmc, this flickering also occurs on openelec.

Please can someone help me solve this issue, thank you
What are the kernel versions you use on each distro?
(26th Aug, 2014 04:53 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]What are the kernel versions you use on each distro?

xbian - 3.15.8
openelec - 3.16.1
raspbmc - 3.12.21

thank you
Try installing:
Code:
apt-get install xbian-package-kernel=3.12.26+-1407563115
(26th Aug, 2014 09:32 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Try installing:
Code:
apt-get install xbian-package-kernel=3.12.26+-1407563115
Can you remove the initramfs line from config.txt?
(27th Aug, 2014 01:18 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Can you remove the initramfs line from config.txt?

initramfs initramfs.gz 0x1000000

this one?

I removed that now I just get a blank screen
Hmm, dammit.

Can you make a backup of the current initramfs.gz and restore the initramfs.gz.old?
(27th Aug, 2014 01:44 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, dammit.

Can you make a backup of the current initramfs.gz and restore the initramfs.gz.old?

okay I just did that, still a blank screen :
Did you restore the initramfs line?
(27th Aug, 2014 02:02 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Did you restore the initramfs line?

no I didn't, but I just tried that now and the same message coming up as in the previous picture
Can you use these files to restore the boot partition:
http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/images/recovery-files-boot-RPI-3.15.y.tar.gz
(27th Aug, 2014 02:52 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Can you use these files to restore the boot partition:
http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/images/recovery-files-boot-RPI-3.15.y.tar.gz

okay it gets a little further into the boot now, it goes up to starting xbmc, but will stay at this for about 2 minutes and then load of writing will come up and it will come up with starting xbmc again
That's because of a kernel mismatch.

Try installing:
Code:
apt-get install xbian-package-kernel=1.3-6.20
Great!! booting up fine and hyperion is working flawless, do you think this is the only solution to this problem? or is there going to be an update soon?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's