Forum

Full Version: RPi 2 Quad core.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
All,

Not too sure if you know but there is now a RPi 2 with quad core and 1G of memory.

See Here

Does anyone have one and know whether Xbian runs on it with the current code?

Hope our moderator would not mind that we have hijacked his thread Smile so lets talk in this thread about new RPi 2 - rikardo1979
Donated €5,- for RPi 2 support.
wow just read about it. seems like the best bang for the buck right now. hopefully the current distributions don't have to be changed too much to support the new hardware.
Bought one immediately. Hope to receive it later this week Big Grin
It is an exciting development, it will be interesting to see how it stacks up. I mean going from single core to quad + 512 more Meg of RAM it will be night and day I imagine. Also opens the door for Windows 10, Ubuntu and possibly Android as well...and of course XBian Smile
I've just purchased one to supercede my original 256MB model B Smile
So just to clarify, will current XBIAN run on the new PI 2?
We first need a recompiled kernel, then probably yes.
Wow!

Much earlier than they said they would.

4 core, 1Gb RAM, 900Mhz, ARM 6 & 7 compatibility it seems ...... Look it up online at

http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/

Skywatch
(2nd Feb, 2015 11:00 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]We first need a recompiled kernel, then probably yes.
Hm it seems they only added support for the Pi 2 to the 3.18 branch (our stable is 3.16, staging 3.17) :-/
(Not saying that this is a problem, just pointing this out...)
I compile and run the 3.18.5 branch, boots a bit slower but no other issues that I have noticed.

ARM v6 is forward compatible but not backward.
Going to buy one right now...

Will post results ASAP.

(2nd Feb, 2015 11:00 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]We first need a recompiled kernel, then probably yes.

Any idea when Xbian will take full advantage of the new hardware?
Everything we do is open source, so please feel invited in porting XBian!
I should have one home by tomorrow night, if all goes right Smile order placed for next day delivery, all confirmed
Cool, let us know how it is Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's