Forum

Full Version: Raspberry PI 2 + HifiBerry DAC+ freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just set-up a new raspberry PI 2 with XBian and a DAC+. I entered into /etc/modules
snd_soc_bcm2708
bcm2708_dmaengine
snd_soc_pcm512x
snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus

aplay -l gives me:
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus], device 0: HiFiBerry DAC+ HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

BUT as soon as I choose within KODI -> System -> Audio -> ALSA: Default (snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplaus Analog) the raspberry pi 2 freezes and I have to reboot it (turn off power).

Any hint, what went wrong?
have you checked your loggs_also does your RPi has proper PSU at least 2A stable 5V and separate PSU for any external devices attached?
Thank you for the fast support.
PSU is 2A and 5V besides the keyboard usb bluetooth adapter I don't use any further USB interfaces.

What logs should I check?
Sorry I am a newbie.
check my signature or read forum announcements
Thanks.

Regarding to this link https://www.hifiberry.com/guides/gpio-usage-of-the-hifiberry-products/ , the HifiBerry DAC+ seems to use the same GPIO (GPIO2-3, GPIOs 18-21) as LIRC (GPIO 18). Which perhaps could case the freezing.

Is there a way to change the LIRC GPIO?
Or is there a way to change the DAC+ GPIOs?
Or do I have to choose between LIRC or DAC+ but both together will not work?
I solved my problem Smile
With modprobe lirc_rpi gpio_in_pin=11 I changed the standard GPIO 18 of LIRC to GPIO 11 and now everything DAC+ and LIRC is working fine.
thanks for update
Hi,

i have the same setup.
After adding
snd_soc_bcm2708
bcm2708_dmaengine
snd_soc_pcm512x
snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus
to /etc/modules the board worked fine.
unfortunatelly after a restart is not starting anymore.
any clue?

p.s how can i install aplay on xbian.there is a 3party repo ?
Reference URL's