Forum

Full Version: RetroPi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I am trying to install my XBian Box. I just installed the following XBian version: XBian 20150304-2 – Bleeding Edge on a fresh sd card.
I then ssh into my RPI2 and try to install retropi with the install script.

RetroPi is built to run on Raspbian. Xbian and Raspbian are both Debian based, no? Then it should run, shouldn't it?

I am no Linux expert and the problem is that I get some errors. After installing the script says e.g. that cmake, libzip-dev, libsamplerate0-dev and some others could not be installed.

If I try to install e.g. cmake via apt-get install cmake I get:

Code:
Reading state information... Done
cmake is already the newest version.
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
cmake : Depends: libxmlrpc-core-c3 but it is not going to be installed
libjack-dev : Depends: libjack0 (= 1:0.121.3+20120418git75e3e20b-2.1) but it is not going to be installed
portaudio19-dev : Depends: libportaudio2 (= 19+svn20111121-1) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: libportaudiocpp0 (= 19+svn20111121-1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

I also include the logfile of the installer.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks
Dom
I've a feeling that Retropi requires the X server. If so, you'll need to try the X server version of Xbian.

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1850.html
Reference URL's