Forum

Full Version: Latest update has broken Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just performed and update which had about 3 packages and now Kodi stops at Network starting/started.
Same here!
After some time, the screen just gets black - but not black like turned off or no signal, seems like the raspi displays a blackscreen.

2 times I got the login promt:
Terminal
xbian gnu linux 7 xbian tty1
Login:

I can SSH on it though, login in to the config is also no problem - there are no more updates.
(19th Aug, 2015 06:39 AM)alfaromeo Wrote: [ -> ]Same here!
After some time, the screen just gets black - but not black like turned off or no signal, seems like the raspi displays a blackscreen.

2 times I got the login promt:
Terminal
xbian gnu linux 7 xbian tty1
Login:

I can SSH on it though, login in to the config is also no problem - there are no more updates.

Same problem, but wasn't able to find the exact issue. Downgrading fixed it:

Terminal
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge=1.3.2 xbian-package-xbmc-scripts=1.1.11
I have the same problems with latest update; dmesg - init: xbmc pre-start process (15275) terminated with status 1
And no start kodi.
Same problem...
The joy of 'bleeding edge' Smile

Don't worry, all will be fixed!
(20th Aug, 2015 02:00 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]The joy of 'bleeding edge' Smile

Don't worry, all will be fixed!

Ah, but when?Rolleyes
[/quote]
Ah, but when?Rolleyes
[/quote]

Probably when you least expect it Tongue
Ah, but when?Rolleyes
[/quote]

Probably when you least expect it Tongue
[/quote]

Until then have rolled back version
Same problem. But it's a nice feature with the btrfs snapshots. It's so easy to roll everything back. Smile
I had to wipe the card and re-install a backup.

Does anyone know which upgrades are currently safe to install and which are causing problems as I have 6 or 7 packages that can be upgraded and I don't need it all to be messed up again!
The faulty package was xbian-package-xbmc-scripts 1.2.1 while 1.2.2 is now available, which should fix the issue. I'll stay at 1.1.11 for a few days though Tongue But feel free to update everything, should be working.
(20th Aug, 2015 11:06 PM)psyLord Wrote: [ -> ]Same problem. But it's a nice feature with the btrfs snapshots. It's so easy to roll everything back. Smile
Can you please explain how to make such a snapshot?
(21st Aug, 2015 06:06 AM)jakenl Wrote: [ -> ]
(20th Aug, 2015 11:06 PM)psyLord Wrote: [ -> ]Same problem. But it's a nice feature with the btrfs snapshots. It's so easy to roll everything back. Smile
Can you please explain how to make such a snapshot?

No need now, just SSH in and apply latest update, then reboot
Don't do it!

I am getting dependency issues with today's upgrade on a pi 2 (which may be lucky, see below).

On pi 1 after Xbian-config 'upgrade all' the pi no longer responds to SSH or PING, and Web server is not responding.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's