Forum

Full Version: installing ffmpeg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok... I SWEAR I enabled devel, saved, then upgraded to Kodi 16.0 Git:2016-02-23-a265cd7 with that xbian-package-xbmc 16.0-1457100389, then needed to reboot to update the cec as well.. everything was greyed out until a reboot. But now I'm looking at my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbian.list, and it's commented out again. I also just noticed that the cec update is no longer in the list, but that xbian-package-xbmc is. I guess that means it never actually installed. Blah!

Well.. seems xbian-package-xbmc was in the list even with devel commented out. I installed it, and now System Info says Kodi 16.0 Git:2016-03-04-f47fb5e. I updated the apt sources list as well. I then did a "update all", and rebooted. Ogg file won't play. I checked the XBian Update page again, and select "Check for system updates". Low and behold.. xbian-package-xbmc 16.0-1457451762 appears.. along with linux headers and such... updating them all.

Seems to be taking a while too.. unless it froze. Stuck on unpacking linux-headers....

Will report back later.

Build: Kodi 16.0 Git:2016-03-04-f47fb5e
Compiled: Mar 8 2016

Working. Thank you sir. Smile
Interesting. It seems Kodi makes a release with speex for Ubuntu. I should try this on my Ubuntu system. I wonder if it's available for Ubuntu's arm image.

i386 build of speex 1.2~rc1-1xbmc1 in ubuntu hardy RELEASE:
Code:
https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+build/1370645

amd64 build of speex 1.2~rc1-1xbmc1 in ubuntu hardy RELEASE:
Code:
https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+build/1370644
So in short words: Now your streams are working?
I'm confused
Yes... they are working now. Smile

I was running the Valentine's day release, which was 3 releases prior to the modified ffmpeg release, so I did update Kodi.. but to an in between version, I guess, then updated again to the modified version you posted. I guess i applied it in layers. Tongue

btw.. there's a TwitchTV addon I've been reading, and it needs speex as well.

I've been playing with Raspian and Ubuntu Mate the last few days, and I just came across a guide to compiling Kodi for Jarvis on Debian and Ubuntu. It has an interesting note about how to configure the compile... ie: static libraries, or... building with external libraries enabled.

Quote:=== Configure ===

Code:
$ cd xbmc
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure

If you wish to use supported system libraries do this instead.

Code:
$ ./configure --enable-external-libraries

In either case, with the above installed packages this should go smoothly Smile

I'm not a programmer, but that sounds like you can build Kodi to use whatever codecs and libraries you install to the system running Kodi in the first place.

I gotta try it. I spent 2 weeks learning to remaster Knoppix once. I just enjoy these types of projects. Let's me believe I actually know what i'm doing. Tongue

Code:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Write_media_scrapers?action=edit&oldid=20456
Well.. it wasn't actually "--enable-external-libraries". It was "--with-ffmpeg path_to_ffmpeg=/usr/bin/". I wound up installing the dev packages for the codecs I wanted, then enabled them in /xbmc/tools/depends/target/ffmpeg's autobuild.sh. It was that easy. Tongue

I used the "Kodi15.txt" guide, with my first build being Isengard. Jarvis test is next. the guide worked perfect.. but I needed to change a few things. Mainly, I didn't need to mess with gcc and g++.. the ones installed were newer than the 4.8 it tells you to use instead. I needed to select 2 or 3 different packages than what the guide tells you to.. I just apt-cache searched the files it said it couldn't find, choosing a newer version than what was suggested. Simple enough. I can't remember the packages.. I accidentally closed the text file I was saving them to before actually saving the file. Tongue I also needed to "apt-get build-dep xbmc". That fixed the final dependency issues. It wasn't enough by itself though.. I needed to packages in the guide as well.

I built it on Ubuntu Mate, right on the pi. I used my external drive to do the build though... faster, and it didn't freeze the system up. Not that you should be using the pi while compiling anyway. Tongue It'll definitely save the microsd card from extended wear and tear though. Kodi's a lot more responsive.. I guess because it was built directly on the pi, rather than cross-compiled, or emulated in Qemu. I haven't tried it in Qemu.. yet, but I found a guide. Mate's fine, but either I need to add a script to Kodi to enter desktop mode after exiting Kodi, or there's a bug. Exiting just results in a black screen. I ran into that a few times with XBian, black screen with no command prompt. I think I messed XBian up though for that to happen. Next... is to try using Raspian. Raspian's the fastest os for the pi.. boots almost instantly.

But I just realized something else... I should be able to build my own Kodi, right in XBian itself. It would be a simple modification. Smile

Kodi15.txt
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nSlx6Q6IoQb2gzLTJQRXlCdzA/view
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's