Forum

Full Version: Multimedia IR Remote question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

I've been with you since you first started, but I've mostly stayed quiet after you've gone to this new forum/website, and I have to say my Pi is running so smooth and I would really like to add some more functionality so it can be used easier.
This is why I want to purchase this remote, can anyone tell me if it is supported and if it is by default or if someone has the required custom lircd.conf + Lircmap.xml needed for that remote ?
It is on the supported/recommended remotes on the xbian wiki here and this is why I'm asking.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.

Regards.
yes, working out of the box
Thank you very much, just placed the order now... can't wait.

Actually I would have one more question, does the usb IR adapter can be powered by the Pi or do I need an powered usb hub ?

Thanks.
Can just be powered by the RPi
Thank you once again. You guys rock !
Hey guys,

Just got the remote in the mail and I've plugged it and it worked right out of the box, however the only thing I can't find is an information button (the one that gives you a menu similar to right clicking something in windows - I did try to enable mouse control and try the R button which should work but doesn't do anything), and there are plenty of buttons which don't do anything so should I use this guide to map it ?
I can see there it talk about how to create a whole remote but I only wish to edit/add one button, does anyone know the file I would need to edit ?
Also another thing I've noticed is that fast forward doesn't work with the current xbmc build ? Do you encounter this as well ?

Thanks.
You can't use that guide for this remote because it presents itself as a keyboard.
Ok then, can you tell me how can I edit a button or if that is possible ?
It is possible but don't have time to fully explain it. I will create a separate guide for this later.
Sure, thanks for the answer.
(1st Feb, 2013 05:40 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible but don't have time to fully explain it. I will create a separate guide for this later.

Did this guide get created?

Completely new to this xbmc/pi thing...so forgive me if this is a stupid question..

First off, I want to be able to use an IR remote and be able to type with it..for example, I have a USB IR receiver and an old remote from a vizio bluray player that has a qwerty keyboard on it...the receiver receives a signal from the remote because I see it "light up" when i press a button on the remote.

I want to do this because my son is a quadpalegic and what little independence he has comes from being able to control things through a program I maintain for him that conects to a usbirt.

Is this possible with the current state of xbmc/xbian?

Not sure if this matters, but here is the output from lsusb

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=147a Product=e031 Version=0111
N: Name="Formosa21 IR603 HID MCE"
P: Phys=usb-bcm2708_usb-1.3.4/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/bcm2708_usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3.4/1-1.3.4:1.0/input/input3
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd event3
B: PROP=0
B: EV=10001f
B: KEY=4837fff 72ff32d bf544446 0 0 1 20f90 8b17c000 677bfa d9415fed e09effdf 1cfffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: REL=40
B: ABS=1 0
B: MSC=10

It's probably worth noting that they remote that came with that reciever sorta works..i can navigate menus and such, but I'm wanting to use another remote so that, for example, in the youtube search dialog, he can type with the usbirt.

Thanks
Can you try this:
Code:
sudo cp /etc/lirc/hardware/mceusb_event2.conf /etc/lirc/hardware/custom.conf
sudo sed -i 's/event2/event3/g' /etc/lirc/hardware/custom.conf
sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart
irw
When irw is running, press some keys and let me know what the output is.
root@xbian:~# sudo cp /etc/lirc/hardware/mceusb_event2.conf /etc/lirc/hardware/custom.conf
root@xbian:~# sudo sed -i 's/event2/event3/g' /etc/lirc/hardware/custom.conf
root@xbian:~# sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart
[ ok ] Stopping remote control daemon(s): LIRC:.
[ ok ] Loading LIRC modules:.
[ ok ] Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC :.
root@xbian:~# irw
^C
root@xbian:~#

Nothing came up while pressing the buttons on the remote, but the menu navigation was responding to the presses
So, the remote didn't work before, and does know?
(22nd Feb, 2013 04:38 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]So, the remote didn't work before, and does know?

It worked exactly the same as it does now....I think you may have misunderstood my question or confused my response with someone else's
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's