Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 “Krypton”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(4th Dec, 2016 12:36 AM)Harald654 Wrote: [ -> ]It would be great if you can update Kodi to beta 6 Smile

Already done locally (beta 7) Smile Unfortunately xbian-config gui does not start anymore because default skin has been changed dramatically one week ago Angry

I'll put my local packages to devel repo tonight Smile then you can play with it tomorrow Tongue
(4th Dec, 2016 01:22 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]....default skin has been changed dramatically one week ago Angry
thats why i want it Wink

(4th Dec, 2016 01:22 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]I'll put my local packages to devel repo tonight Smile then you can play with it tomorrow Tongue
Great Smile but, so the xbian-config gui will not initially work, with the update tomorrow?
(4th Dec, 2016 01:34 AM)Harald654 Wrote: [ -> ]
(4th Dec, 2016 01:22 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]....default skin has been changed dramatically one week ago Angry
thats why i want it Wink

(4th Dec, 2016 01:22 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]I'll put my local packages to devel repo tonight Smile then you can play with it tomorrow Tongue
Great Smile but, so the xbian-config gui will not initially work, with the update tomorrow?

That's right, you'll get black screen. I'll try to fix xbian-config gui next days
So, xbian-config gui is working again. Still not adapted to recent skin but working Cool
After testing Openelec , OSMC , and Xbian and Libreelec ! Xbian worked Great with HDHomerun and also OSMC 18 but Xbian does not support nfs/3 so the finale choice is OSMC on version 18 !
I just installed Beta 7 on rpi3, and the screen feels like when you have a 1024x768 setting on a screen that only supports 800x600. You have to scroll to see all the info, since it doesn't fit all on screen like beta5. Is this normal?
(9th Dec, 2016 01:10 AM)dgarciam Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed Beta 7 on rpi3, and the screen feels like when you have a 1024x768 setting on a screen that only supports 800x600. You have to scroll to see all the info, since it doesn't fit all on screen like beta5. Is this normal?

Sometimes Kodi detects wrong screen resolution (it happens in about 1 of 100 starts here, AFAIR I get 1600x1200). If this happens, I just have to set correct resulution manually and everything is ok.
(9th Dec, 2016 01:17 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(9th Dec, 2016 01:10 AM)dgarciam Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed Beta 7 on rpi3, and the screen feels like when you have a 1024x768 setting on a screen that only supports 800x600. You have to scroll to see all the info, since it doesn't fit all on screen like beta5. Is this normal?

Sometimes Kodi detects wrong screen resolution (it happens in about 1 of 100 starts here, AFAIR I get 1600x1200). If this happens, I just have to set correct resulution manually and everything is ok.

The problem is that is says the correct one. Should I switch to an incorrect one and then back to a correct one to see if that helps?

Yes, why not. Btw, the pics you tried to add are not visible
(9th Dec, 2016 01:23 AM)dgarciam Wrote: [ -> ]
(9th Dec, 2016 01:17 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem is that is says the correct one. Should I switch to an incorrect one and then back to a correct one to see if that helps?

your img can not be seen as you tried upload from your google account. Not allowed
Take a screenshot and upload to https://snag.gy/ for example. Than share it Wink
(9th Dec, 2016 01:25 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, why not. Btw, the pics you tried to add are not visible

If you click on it, you should be able to see the photo. Will try dropbox next to share pics.
Well, i tried that and it is a no go. When I scale down the resolution, i get a smaller frame for kodi to display. I still have to scroll movies/tvs and menus on the left down to see all.

You see how the icons on the top are too big and you need to scroll right in order to see them all?
Also the menu on the left is different. Before you had a frame, and scroll inside that frame. Now i have the sensation that the frame doesnt fit the screen

DG.-
That's normal.

I don't like to comment new Estuary skin v2. IMO home screen is completely overloaded and absolutely user unfriendly.

But again - your screen resolution is absolutely ok
Quote: your img can not be seen as you tried upload from your google account. Not allowed
Take a screenshot and upload to https://snag.gy/ for example. Than share it Wink

Ok, i'm guilty of not realizing that there was more of your message after the link.
Here are the pics.

Here is the movies/shows/etc screen

Here is the configuration screen

Apologies for the mistakes

(9th Dec, 2016 01:39 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]That's normal.

I don't like to comment new Estuary skin v2. IMO home screen is completely overloaded and absolutely user unfriendly.

But again - your screen resolution is absolutely ok

That is the new normal? O_O

Beta5 was WAY cleaner. Hope they decide to clean this a bit more before release.
Thanks for the answers and tips on sharing pics.

DG.-
(9th Dec, 2016 01:42 AM)dgarciam Wrote: [ -> ]That is the new normal? O_O

Beta5 was WAY cleaner. Hope they decide to clean this a bit more before release.
Thanks for the answers and tips on sharing pics.

DG.-

Unfortunately - yes, the brilliant rework of the skin came with beta7

If you want you can read more about that great new skin here and leave your comment there
Is there any plan on sorting out inputstream to work on an original pi? Mine is old school - works a-ok for playing videos via Kodi from my NAS box but I really want to be able to watch Amazon Prime videos (I want Netflix as well but I know I can't have everything!)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's