Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 “Krypton”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(14th Jan, 2017 02:45 PM)dgarciam Wrote: [ -> ]RC3 is out (kodi is complaining. Never seen this before).
Should we expect and update to it soon?

Kodi v17 is still in devel repository, so if you want to upgrade you have to enable this repo

In near future v17 is moved to staging repo and when final version has been released it is available for all (in stable) Smile
(10th Jan, 2017 02:09 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]
(10th Jan, 2017 02:06 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10th Jan, 2017 01:59 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]@rikardo1979
(30th Dec, 2016 06:43 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]so I did a fresh install of 16.1 than update to 17 and have exact same behaviour.
CEC working fine after 1st reboot, than I turn TV OFF to standby and RPi brings it back ON in few seconds and CEC does not work anymore.

So there is definitely a bug somewhere in latest build/libcec ?

Sounds familiar? See this issue
looks like it Smile Do we have patch in place?If yes I may try an update tonight and test it.
Cheers

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Not yet, but ...

just building new firmware package, so you can test it tonight

finally had a time to test it again on my spare card Smile So updated to 17.0 RC4 from staging repo and I can confirm the CEC issue has been resolved. Everything (CEC related) seems to work fine now.

Thanks to all
another finding after initial setup and quick test is the Kodi is much snappier. I mean loading times, browsing through menus, addons downloading, etc...The responsiveness seems to improved a lot
(30th Jan, 2017 12:14 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]another finding after initial setup and quick test is the Kodi is much snappier. I mean loading times, browsing through menus, addons downloading, etc...The responsiveness seems to improved a lot

But not of you're using RPi1 with common mysql db Sad
Is it officially released? Si I can move back to release :-)
(10th Feb, 2017 07:43 PM)chochis Wrote: [ -> ]Is it officially released? Si I can move back to release :-)

please read http://www.xbian.org/kodi-17-0-final-build/

Quote:only available from our staging repositories
Quote:Our stable images are still built with Kodi 16.1
Can we move back to release? :-)
Before next images will be build (@ Friday), Kodi Krypton is put to stable repository, so all new images are built with v17.
After that, 17.1 rcX will be build to staging
SO NICE, THANK YOUUUUUU
(30th Jan, 2017 12:21 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]But not of you're using RPi1 with common mysql db Sad

Is this fixed as well?

If not can it (or will it) be fixed in the future or should I replace all my Pi1s with Pi2s?

Thanks.
(25th Feb, 2017 09:53 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(30th Jan, 2017 12:21 AM)Nachteule Wrote: [ -> ]But not of you're using RPi1 with common mysql db Sad

Is this fixed as well?

If not can it (or will it) be fixed in the future or should I replace all my Pi1s with Pi2s?

Thanks.

AFAIK no!

You better ask @kodii forum, see this thread
As you know one of my pi1 is updating automatically and this appears to be seeing the media on the server. It also appears to play it, but I cannot confirm as I don't have a DAC attached at the moment and not much time to play with it all.

Will upgrade another with a DAC attached and see.....
Just tested and it is now working on the pi1 !!! Smile
(8th Mar, 2017 03:11 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Just tested and it is now working on the pi1 !!! Smile
That's awesome
Yup!

Tested on 2x Rpi1 and the shared mysql database seems fine now Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's