Forum

Full Version: list of tv tuners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@florian0285

I have the feeling someone was asking about that one for IMX6 (cubox).

it looked all good at first moment (sources included, integration into kernel tree ...

but then I realised that most of the supported drivers are delivered without sources, just as binary blobs + firmware - of course supporting only i386 and x86_64 (so no ARM).

that is from readme:
Code:
I.0 install the TBS 5220 USB firmware file "dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5220.fw" /lib/firmware/:

mv dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5220.fw /lib/firmware/

II. refer to README_TBS5921 for further installation instructions

III. in case you want to use 5220 for DVBC then before step I.4 (and after I.3) from the
steps in II. run:

- for x86 kernel 3.x (x86 32 bit installations of kernel 3.x):

# ./v4l/tbs-dvbc-x86_r3.sh

- for x86 kernel 2.6.x (x86 32 bit installations of kernel 2.6.x):

# ./v4l/tbs-dvbc-x86.sh

- for any x86_64 kernel (x86 64 bit installations of Linux):

# ./v4l/tbs-dvbc-x86_64.sh
I've been looking for a cheap dongle and find out this one:
http://www.dx.com/es/p/rtl2832u-r820t-mini-dvb-t-dab-fm-usb-digital-tv-dongle-white-silver-218228

Do we still have problems with the r820t tuner?
Should I make it a try?
if I may recommend,

anything with it913x chipset. it has by default FW in XBian, there are USB sticks with dual it913x chips for maybe +15% more expensive than the one chip (so two tuners vs. one) - if you have more receiving devices it is a must - with two tuners you can at the same time record 2 programs and watch two different.

that "brand" comes a bit more expensive but you get full MCE6 compatible remote etc. also get such with standard big coaxial connector for antena.

that one I bought simply because it works with no compromises. very much used among people and linux drivers are there maybe since 2.6 kernels.
(2nd Jul, 2014 10:13 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]if I may recommend,

anything with it913x chipset. it has by default FW in XBian, there are USB sticks with dual it913x chips for maybe +15% more expensive than the one chip (so two tuners vs. one) - if you have more receiving devices it is a must - with two tuners you can at the same time record 2 programs and watch two different.

that "brand" comes a bit more expensive but you get full MCE6 compatible remote etc. also get such with standard big coaxial connector for antena.

that one I bought simply because it works with no compromises. very much used among people and linux drivers are there maybe since 2.6 kernels.

Something like this? http://www.dx.com/es/p/ite9135-usb-dvb-t-digital-tv-receiver-black-173624
yes

this should run just with plugin
(3rd Jul, 2014 04:21 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]yes

this should run just with plugin
Thanks, I've ordered one. Let you know how it works, maybe I can do a post explaining the configuration (If I can do it... ^^!)
@chochis,

yup, make it directly to wiki, each user has editable access to it.
remember there is also xbian-package-tvheadend package directly (if on RPI), xbian-package-tvheadend-6q (if on Cubox-i)

thanks
Its working!
Installed the hardware with usb hub (was not working properly with direct connection to raspi, I guess was lack of power), the tvheadend package with the xbian-config app.
Followed the XBMC instructions and everything is fine now.

I don't see a section in the wiki for PVRs...
@chochis See http://forum.xbian.org/thread-47.html or you could start a "new" section in the Wiki.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's