Forum

Full Version: Shutting down on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a latest (dev) build of xbian. All was working fine, I installed an add-on, watched a movie, happy as can be. Tried installing another add-on, it froze, eventually exited back out of it.

now's the problem. Tried a third add-on, it froze and wouldn't exit back out of it. I had to do a hard shut down (by which I mean I had to pull the power). Now the Pi turns on, boots into xbian, and then goes 'bloop' and turns off before I can do anything...

Any thoughts?
(11th Dec, 2016 09:33 AM)Oli Howson Wrote: [ -> ]now's the problem. Tried a third add-on, it froze and wouldn't exit back out of it. I had to do a hard shut down (by which I mean I had to pull the power). Now the Pi turns on, boots into xbian, and then goes 'bloop' and turns off before I can do anything...

Impossible to say what's going wrong.

Do you mean system shuts down or just power off system?

Maybe you have a power supply issue
what Pi?what addons?what version of kodi?what hw you have connected?

http://forum.xbian.org/announcement-9.html

unless you provide much more details is impossible to say what is going on(even than it can be tricky without logs)
(11th Dec, 2016 04:14 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]what Pi?what addons?what version of kodi?what hw you have connected?

unless you provide much more details is impossible to say what is going on(even than it can be tricky without logs)

Seems to have rectified itself - it looked like the whole thing was going down. Last time I tried it, I tried SSH'ing in as it was starting - managed and it stayed up so very strange.

For reference I've got an original Pi - the B? (can't remember - it was a preorder before the Pi actually existed! - I got the t-shirt and everything). Connected via a good enough PSU, with a good enough SD card direct to a 1080p monitor/screen.

Seems to be sorted so I'm now tweaking other things - then I need to figure out why installing this add-on freezes on me
(11th Dec, 2016 10:57 PM)Oli Howson Wrote: [ -> ]
(11th Dec, 2016 04:14 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]what Pi?what addons?what version of kodi?what hw you have connected?

Seems to have rectified itself - it looked like the whole thing was going down. Last time I tried it, I tried SSH'ing in as it was starting - managed and it stayed up so very strange.

For reference I've got an original Pi - the B? (can't remember - it was a preorder before the Pi actually existed! - I got the t-shirt and everything). Connected via a good enough PSU, with a good enough SD card direct to a 1080p monitor/screen.

Seems to be sorted so I'm now tweaking other things - then I need to figure out why installing this add-on freezes on me
just a reminder, turn your debuging ON so you can obtain logs

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Maybe you tried to install addon(s) which can not be run of the Pi1 v6 architecture (referring to your question here)
Reference URL's